xF-Wordpress Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Somewhat, but if xenForo simply acts as a forum to your main site, trying to make xenForo look like your main site might be the best option? Why would you want them to look different? In any case, I don't think this plugin has any functionality that will let you customize xenForo's login page depending on where you're coming from, and that would be more of a general xenForo related query.

I think I am being confusing. Let me explain how I think it works, make sure that is right, then explain my idea and reasoning in the next post.

Once the bridge is setup when you are in your Xenforo Forum you login via Xenforo just like normal. Nothing is different.

When you click login from the wordpress site it redirects you to the Xenforo login page. Once you complete the login process does it bring you back to wordpress OR take you to the main page of the Xenforo forum?

I think I am being confusing. Let me explain how I think it works, make sure that is right, then explain my idea and reasoning in the next post.

Once the bridge is setup when you are in your Xenforo Forum you login via Xenforo just like normal. Nothing is different.

When you click login from the wordpress site it redirects you to the Xenforo login page. Once you complete the login process does it bring you back to wordpress OR take you to the main page of the Xenforo forum?

This hasn't been thoroughly tested, however, in my experience linking to the xenForo page from WordPress redirects you back to the wordpress page after login.

Code:
<a href="/community/login/">Please Login or Register</a>

If you want to demo this, PM me for my site name and you can test it out there. However, I cannot guarantee that it will also work for you.

This hasn't been thoroughly tested, however, in my experience linking to the xenForo page from WordPress redirects you back to the wordpress page after login.

Code:
<a href="/community/login/">Please Login or Register</a>

If you want to demo this, PM me for my site name and you can test it out there. However, I cannot guarantee that it will also work for you.

PM sent.

I'm interested in this addon but I want to make sure of a few things first.
  • I would like to have my entire site with Wordpress, then have Xenforo under /forums
  • I want my Xenforo members to be able to login with their Xenforo account.
  • They should then be able to comment on my Wordpress articles/pages.
  • There comments should add to their Xenforo post count (not necessary but would be nice).
  • Xenforo avatar show up with their Wordpress comments.
  • So basically I want them to able to go between Wordpress and Xenforo no problem and be able to comment everywhere.
Does this addon do all of that?

Also, I used to have VB with a Wordpress bridge but a few times when either VB or WP released a new version, the bridge no longer worked. Will your addon still work with Xenforo or WP upgrades?

Thanks.

I'm interested in this addon but I want to make sure of a few things first.
  • I would like to have my entire site with Wordpress, then have Xenforo under /forums
  • I want my Xenforo members to be able to login with their Xenforo account.
  • They should then be able to comment on my Wordpress articles/pages.
  • There comments should add to their Xenforo post count (not necessary but would be nice).
  • Xenforo avatar show up with their Wordpress comments.
  • So basically I want them to able to go between Wordpress and Xenforo no problem and be able to comment everywhere.
Does this addon do all of that?

Also, I used to have VB with a Wordpress bridge but a few times when either VB or WP released a new version, the bridge no longer worked. Will your addon still work with Xenforo or WP upgrades?

Thanks.

Everything besides this works

@faeronsayn - is there a way to make Xenforo take over the Comments section. We don't really need them to login to WP, but ideally - Xenforo handle the comments.

The comments under articles? The plugin simply lets you comment if you're logged in on xenForo. However, it does not use the xenForo editor or anything else from xenForo to handle the comments. Comments are completely handled by WordPress, however, it'll take your xenForo avatar when creating comments. So at the moment, what you're looking for is probably not available in the plugin.

Ok thanks for the reply! Would the comments post count be something you'd consider in the future?
A drawback of that is it takes twice the resources.
For a Wordpress Article you must load Wordpress + Xenforo.
I do feel there are lots of advantages to your request as well.

Just wondering:
  • How would this work when used in combination with WordPress' Multisite feature?
  • How would this work when used in combination with XenCentral's 'Multisite System' addon or with Waindigo's 'Sub-Domains' addon?
You can probably see where I'm going here:
  • How would this work when used in combination with both WordPress' Multisite and one of the two XenForo Multisite-addons?

Just wondering:
  • How would this work when used in combination with WordPress' Multisite feature?
  • How would this work when used in combination with XenCentral's 'Multisite System' addon or with Waindigo's 'Sub-Domains' addon?
You can probably see where I'm going here:
  • How would this work when used in combination with both WordPress' Multisite and one of the two XenForo Multisite-addons?

I believe the multi-site addons for xenForo use one user database, so that shouldn't be a problem at all. As for WordPress multi-site, I haven't done any testing with an installation that has multiple sites, so I cannot say anything for sure. However, if the multisite shares the same user database then that might not be an issue either.

Got the file @faeronsayn - Thank you. At first glance, it works as expected, which is great.

I do have a quick query though - when you view the articles and click on LOG ON to comment - it doesn't seem to re-direct to the login page of xF?

And finally, a feature question - Is there going to be an implementation of what xenscripts does at any point? Where new WP Articles create a thread on Xenforo and any comments made in that thread will show as comments on article? This would make this bridge totally amazing.

Got the file @faeronsayn - Thank you. At first glance, it works as expected, which is great.

I do have a quick query though - when you view the articles and click on LOG ON to comment - it doesn't seem to re-direct to the login page of xF?

And finally, a feature question - Is there going to be an implementation of what xenscripts does at any point? Where new WP Articles create a thread on Xenforo and any comments made in that thread will show as comments on article? This would make this bridge totally amazing.

I am assuming you're running WordPress 3.6? If so, the comments link is a known issue and it'll be fixed soon.

As for the wordpress articles, I am currently unsure but it may come as a feature in the near future.

Top Bottom