xF-Wordpress Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Thanks..

Got one little problem with the addon.
If I login to xenForo forum I then can post on WP, access WP admin, avatars are syncing.

My problem: If I click on an article on WP and try to login under the comment it directs me to my homepage. It won't redirect me to xenForo login.

Example:

Could you link to your website?

your domain.com/wp-login.php should redirect to xenForo login

and so should domain.com/wp-register.php

Could you link to your website?

your domain.com/wp-login.php should redirect to xenForo login

and so should domain.com/wp-register.php

http://team-retro.com

With Bridge addon if I type in url domain.com/wp-login.php it does redirect to xenForo login
Also domain.com/wp-register.php works.

With Bridge addon activated, login link under thread comments doesn't work properly.
The link redirects to homepage.

Without the addon activated clicking login link under thread comments worked on WP.
The link redirected to WP login.

Last edited:
http://team-retro.com

With Bridge addon if I type in url domain.com/wp-login.php it does redirect to xenForo login
Also domain.com/wp-register.php works.

With Bridge addon activated, login link under thread comments doesn't work properly.
The link redirects to homepage.

Without the addon activated clicking login link under thread comments worked on WP.
The link redirected to WP login.

This is the link: http://team-retro.com/wp-login.php?...-retro.com/shootmania-elite-mappack-released/

If you can edit it to show this: http://team-retro.com/wp-login.php

It'll redirect fine.

I'd pay $100+ for this plugin if users could login through wordpress. As it is, :cry:

Any recommendations for a wordpress-xenforo bridge where it's handled on the wordpress side?

Hmm! I've not had much luck in changing the link. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great?

Anyone else got his problem?
unable to login under article. login redirects back to homepage. It won't redirect to wp-login.php?

I'd pay $100+ for this plugin if users could login through wordpress. As it is, :cry:

Any recommendations for a wordpress-xenforo bridge where it's handled on the wordpress side?

Yeah sorry, at the moment registrations are handled by xenForo. There maybe some updates in the future to bring this sort of functionality, but don't count on it.

There are a couple of other bridges but I don't think any of them use WordPress to register users. This bridge probably comes the closest in terms of actually adding the user into the WordPress database.

Hmm! I've not had much luck in changing the link. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great?

Anyone else got his problem?

Are you using WordPress 3.6? I'm not sure exactly why it's not working, but the general redirect should be working as shown.

Are you using WordPress 3.6? I'm not sure exactly why it's not working, but the general redirect should be working as shown.

I have had some success in the past with Wordpress & Xenforo bridges but I've finely dropped wordpress now. Too much hassle!
I'm switching over to XenPorta (Portal)

My WP keeps getting brute force attacks. Could this bridge prevent such attacks since the wp-admin or wp-login no longer exists?

I use Wishlist Member to protect my digital content. Is this bridge compatible or combineable with Wishlist Member? If not, they'll have to use two logins (one for XF and one for Wishlist, which is fine). But I want to make sure there is no plugin incompatibility with this bridge and Wishlist.

I do use W3 Cache, which apparently conflicts. Does Super Cache conflict or can that be used as an alternative?

Are there any other known plugin conflicts (I have about 50 plugins)? :eek:

My WP keeps getting brute force attacks. Could this bridge prevent such attacks since the wp-admin or wp-login no longer exists?

I use Wishlist Member to protect my digital content. Is this bridge compatible or combineable with Wishlist Member? If not, they'll have to use two logins (one for XF and one for Wishlist, which is fine). But I want to make sure there is no plugin incompatibility with this bridge and Wishlist.

I do use W3 Cache, which apparently conflicts. Does Super Cache conflict or can that be used as an alternative?

Are there any other known plugin conflicts (I have about 50 plugins)? :eek:

• WP-Admin / WP-Login still exists, when someone tries to reach wp-login they will be redirected to the xenForo login page. As for the wp-admin bit, there is no redirection, you are still able to access the WordPress admin page.
  • Does Wishlist Member need the user to initially register from WordPress? This bridge lets xenForo handle all the registrations, once the user is registered on xenForo, they are then copied over to WordPress. If Wishlist Member just introduces some permissions in the user roles, there shouldn't be a problem.
  • As long as you aren't using page cache when the user is logged in, you should be fine with W3 Cache as well. Just don't use any browser end caches so single sign on works. You should still be able to use the 'minify html', 'minify css' and other features of W3 Cache and even query caching.
  • There have been issues with some other plugins, such as buddypress.

Currently this bridge only lets xenForo handle logins and registrations.

thank you for your response. I'll have to rethink if it would be feasible or too confusing for someone to come to the main page, want to buy a product, but then having to get redirected to xenforo to register, and then back to the main site to buy the product. Not sure yet if that's the best flow for the client. Thank you!

thank you for your response. I'll have to rethink if it would be feasible or too confusing for someone to come to the main page, want to buy a product, but then having to get redirected to xenforo to register, and then back to the main site to buy the product. Not sure yet if that's the best flow for the client. Thank you!

No problem :)

@faeronsayn Quick Question how much to get a special modified version which would create thread on xenforo but if they are several category it would copy to those as well? Would you be willing to make this for me ?

Does this work on XF 2 ?

I am using it right now with 1.1.5 but want to upgrade my Xenforo. What do i need to do? I don't want a broken bridge =) what are we meant to do with our mods?

Last edited:
Does this work on XF 2 ?

I am using it right now with 1.1.5 but want to upgrade my Xenforo. What do i need to do? I don't want a broken bridge =) what are we meant to do with our mods?

I'm running this on xenForo v1.2 and there are no issues.

@faeronsayn would there be a way to have the look of a wordpress login on the xenforo site? it does all the logging in through xenforo but the theme is specific for just the bridge is just a wordpress lookalike? That is the biggest hangup I have right now.

@faeronsayn would there be a way to have the look of a wordpress login on the xenforo site? it does all the logging in through xenforo but the theme is specific for just the bridge is just a wordpress lookalike? That is the biggest hangup I have right now.

I might have not understood you correctly, but there is no specific xenForo theme that comes with the bridge, however, you can likely style your xenForo login form to look like WordPress.

I might have not understood you correctly, but there is no specific xenForo theme that comes with the bridge, however, you can likely style your xenForo login form to look like WordPress.

I'd want a separate login for those coming from Wordpress to look like wordpress. But when coming from Xenforo to look like xenforo. Even though all login is done through xenforo if it looks correct people will have less aversion to using it. Does that make sense?

I'd want a separate login for those coming from Wordpress to look like wordpress. But when coming from Xenforo to look like xenforo. Even though all login is done through xenforo if it looks correct people will have less aversion to using it. Does that make sense?

Somewhat, but if xenForo simply acts as a forum to your main site, trying to make xenForo look like your main site might be the best option? Why would you want them to look different? In any case, I don't think this plugin has any functionality that will let you customize xenForo's login page depending on where you're coming from, and that would be more of a general xenForo related query.

Top Bottom