XF vs MyBB

Most of that is possible with the core.

I believe there's an add-on for the latest post avatar.

Thanks, good to know.

Just watched the video explanation, pretty cool theme. I usually like to edit all those things anyway and sifting through template files & CSS pages can get confusing sometimes.

Per node icons is also simple, in extra.css

Code:
.node.node_16 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_16 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/wicon.png");
    background-position: 0px 0px;
}

"Node" means forum? ...Just figured that out. :P

If I need to choose MyBB or phpBB, I would go to phpBB. MyBB security is somehow... challenging. :D It's "vbul wannabe" for me. Anyway, you can't compare paid script with free script.

I prefer security more than feature. And I got it in XenForo.

Anyway, you can't compare paid script with free script.

I can't? ...Well I am. :P
We have a few features our members like using so that's why I'm here to compare and see if we can switch over & still offer our members the same stuff + improve their experience.

An example; members have worked hard to earn their awards, cash amounts & rep points. It would be a shame (and probably a blow to morale) if they lost all that.

An example; members have worked hard to earn their awards, cash amounts & rep points. It would be a shame (and probably a blow to morale) if they lost all that.
Understood and I agree, that would be tough for an end user to understand and deal with. Should note though that, some stuff like that will require custom development. There are plenty of competent developers here though so I'm sure you can get it done.

Like what?
Well, XenForo has credit add ons but nothing for credits or rep points (likes I guess, depending on your set up?) but nothing as a core feature. Therefore the main import won't carry over your credits data, you'll have to have to get the add on and then (assuming it isn't part of the add on by default) have someone modify the add on and the importer to carry your credits over.

Well, XenForo has credit add ons but nothing for credits or rep points (likes I guess, depending on your set up?) but nothing as a core feature. Therefore the main import won't carry over your credits data, you'll have to have to get the add on and then (assuming it isn't part of the add on by default) have someone modify the add on and the importer to carry your credits over.

Ah... I already figured there'd be no converters for 3rd party plugins and I'd be manually restoring each members data one by one.

If the number of likes can be adjusted on XF from the admin side, I'd just input their Reputation point number there. If credits can be adjusted then I'd just input how much they have there. Same for awards/trophies and so on....

If I need to choose MyBB or phpBB, I would go to phpBB. MyBB security is somehow... challenging. :D It's "vbul wannabe" for me. Anyway, you can't compare paid script with free script.

I prefer security more than feature. And I got it in XenForo.
will never choose phpbb over mybb, i must say phpbb its a worst forum script ever, only worst forum script then phpbb is, its a web wiz.So mybb its a good free script best ones, but again cannot comapare it with Xenforo.

xFrdTxP.jpg

Does the trophies system here show up like that in the post bit (with images)?

Also, after conversion/import would the XF system automatically give out (for example) the post-based trophies? Or would have to manually reinstate those?

Also, after conversion/import would the XF system automatically give out (for example) the post-based trophies? Or would have to manually reinstate those?

It can do, yes.
And yes.

It can do, yes.
No, it cannot. There is an add on that makes it possible though. The add-on is free. By default though, you can't set images for trophies and it requires custom template changes in order to display trophy information in the post bit.

This is correct though.

No, it cannot. There is an add on that makes it possible though. The add-on is free. By default though, you can't set images for trophies and it requires custom template changes in order to display trophy information in the post bit.

This is correct though.

Exactly, with a free addon. If it was paid, I would have mentioned. There is nothing stopping him using a free addon to get this functionality.

where is XF Thread description?
how to make html post in XF?
how to change forum display style in XF?

But all are above things I can do easily in MYBB

There is no thread description and HTML is not possible in posts without a third party add-on.

Styles can be forced on a per forum basis in the ACP.

From the beginning we have the recommendation from a good friend about XenForo, but anyway, we wanted to try, several of them ( paid and free - no rush ) because our project was still in theoretical process, so took about seven months to decide which domain use and 5 of them looking for the right platform, at the end XenForo remained ahead of all - for us, it is absolutely an A+++

Built in SEO Feature

Yes, there are a few SEO options, but we should not think of this as anywhere near an ideal SEO feature. This is one area ox Xenforo that is lacking, though admittedly is better than some other forum software.

Top Bottom