Lack of interest XF Style vs Color Palette changes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Ryan Kent

I have an understanding of how the Style template system works in XF. I like how the system works for entire style changes. My question is about how it works when changing just colors.

For example, this default template on the XF site I am currently viewing...if I want to view the site with a green color scheme instead of blue, I think it should be easy to do without re-installing every template in the system. Is there anything planned to allow users to change just the color palette?

I installed all the Flexile colors, 13 styles in all, and it is causing many issues. I only have a total of 3 different styles (default, Flexile, Flexile Dark) but each of the Flexile's come with 6 color schemes. That is clearly unmanageable for XF presently.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have an understanding of how the Style template system works in XF. I like how the system works for entire style changes. My question is about how it works when changing just colors.

For example, this default template on the XF site I am currently viewing...if I want to view the site with a green color scheme instead of blue, I think it should be easy to do without re-installing every template in the system. Is there anything planned to allow users to change just the color palette?

I installed all the Flexile colors, 13 styles in all, and it is causing many issues. I only have a total of 3 different styles (default, Flexile, Flexile Dark) but each of the Flexile's come with 6 color schemes. That is clearly unmanageable for XF presently.
At present there is no distinction in XF between styles that contain template edits and those that contain only style property changes. Template edits require recompiled templates in the altered style, but style property changes do not. Ideally we'd like to put together a way to avoid uselessly compiling templates that are simply inherited from a parent style.

Top Bottom