XF Legal Donation Fund - David vs. Goliath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Parsons

Will XF establish a donation fund for people to donate for the assistance of the legal fight against IB?

I think you should XF... and do what others have done previously, being declare it all publicly and donate any extra to a local charity if anything exists.

I have seen this raise a lot of money to assist in such situations, especially after a well written PR has gone out globally to garnish support. For some an XF license may be too much or simply they have no use for it, but want to support the cause. This is why I recommend a donation pool so that those who want to donate anything they can afford can to assist the David vs. Goliath case. Let us all help the little guy stick it to the man!

+1

Actually hate when people simply post up +1 so decided to add this bit to avoid that ...

I believe this battle extends somewhat beyond the Xen team to include the wider Xen community and folks who have been fighting for a free and open internet.

I have to say they are personally attacked by IB, in my opinion - from what I gather, and that any donation should be outside the company side of things. If they want a donation, ask for a personal paypal address in a tweet, and if they respond you personally donate them something - for whatever cause.

It's separate from business, and outside of this web site. And not something that IB will ever get, as for all I care they buy toys with it for their kids or plants for the garden.

It is not my way so I will probably never use it but once in awhile i think about it. Opening vBulletinsucksforms.com. I wish I would have registered InternetBrandsSucks.com instead.

It is not my way so I will probably never use it but once in awhile i think about it. Opening vBulletinsucksforms.com. I wish I would have registered InternetBrandsSucks.com instead.
I rather dedicate my energy in improving my community if I were you. Not that I don't agree with you. It's a head shaker, every time they pull something ..

And if they don't want to accept donations to a legal fund, how about a Cafepress-type store with mugs, t-shirts and such. I'm sure the graphic artists on here would be happy to donate some work.
-----
(And the profits go to the legal fund, I mean.)

I rather dedicate my energy in improving my community if I were you. Not that I don't agree with you. It's a head shaker, every time they pull something ..

I don't plan on using the domain name. I registered it when I saw what I thought a couple of new owners where talked down to pretty badly when they asked some questions. I was in a really bad mood when I saw those posts and I went and registered them. The next day I told myself i would never use it. Then when I saw the lawsuit I thought about it again.

I agree that even a non-business Paypal account, something that the XF team can use and not have to funnel through the business, but to assist in the legal costs to get the best lawyers or atleast exceptional lawyers that will likely be required for the duration. The duration is typically the killer part of the costs, not the sole costs themselves.

I don't agree that a store would suffice, because you make little from such things, and people think twice about paying $25 for a mug by the time its shipped, then XF get about $3 from that total cost. I would rather just donate to them the $25 and let them use that completely for legal costs.

Get in touch with the involved parties and set it up.
And everyone will spread the word ...

I am hoping Kier, Mike or Ashley comment here and do just that... if enough of us are showing our support for exactly such a thing, we can all do just that and spread the word.

I am hoping Kier, Mike or Ashley comment here and do just that... if enough of us are showing our support for exactly such a thing, we can all do just that and spread the word.
Actually it would be better if they didn't comment and that it was set up for them. That way they couldn't be accused of trying to get even more than just the price of the software from their community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom