XF Legal Donation Fund - David vs. Goliath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the official one that will be released IF xenforo need to takeup a legal defense? Or this something that someone else has created?

I don't think it has anything to do with the legal fund, it is Kiva, who make micro loans to third world people looking to start or expand a business. This is a group for xenforo members to participate in that under the one banner I believe.

Could be wrong though, and Jerry might have meant something completely different by setting it up :confused:

Well, as .. official as it gets ..

Everybody is free to open their own fund collection.

Well, as .. official as it gets ..

Everybody is free to open their own fund collection.
Of course they are. However, defendxenforo.org is the official defense fund for xenforo and Kier/Mike/Ashley. I would think that folks would want their funds to go to one place. :)

Just saying, it's not an initiative by the company, but by customers and supporters, so it's as official as it gets ..

Wow ... whoever is running that defendxenforo.org site is doing an incredible job of scaring potential donors away with that webdesign :p

Wow ... whoever is running that defendxenforo.org site is doing an incredible job of scaring potential donors away with that webdesign :p
ROFL! I did say that the site isn't up yet. That's just a holding page.

ROFL! I did say that the site isn't up yet. That's just a holding page.
Wouldn't a holding page that gave information regarding why there is a need to XenForo, as well as information regarding the ongoing issue be better?

The way it is now looks nowhere like it is official, even if it is.

Wouldn't a holding page that gave information regarding why there is a need to XenForo, as well as information regarding the ongoing issue be better?
The way it is now looks nowhere like it is official, even if it is.

It's not supposed to look official because the official site isn't up there yet. All of that info will be on the site when/IF we have to go live. No one was even supposed to know about the site yet. Only the intention to set up a defense fund, IF needed. For some reason on a previous page, we felt the need to let people know there was going to be a site, IF needed.

We should know in the next couple of days whether the need is there or not.

Indeed. The way it looks right now people will just go away and never come back.
Oh I'm sure they will come back IF the need arises and we start announcing it. I highly doubt that a page will discourage people from donating to the defense fund, IF needed. They are much better than that. ;)

Thank you for the critique....the holding page is one of my designs. I use it in all my sites, it just happened to be handy to put up as a pre-coded html page. It was NOT meant to be up there to do anything but be a placeholder until the site had to go live. As Peggy said, it was not meant to be public until needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom