XF Legal Donation Fund - David vs. Goliath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that they're using Jelsoft. So it's not IB (explicitly) claiming, it's Jelsoft.
It makes more sense for them to use Jelsoft... Jelsoft held the original rights to the software, originally employed Mike and Kier, was/is based out of the UK, and would have a stronger case.

This is a method used by many IT corporations to acquire patents and to squat them

It makes more sense for them to use Jelsoft... Jelsoft held the original rights to the software, originally employed Mike and Kier, was/is based out of the UK, and would have a stronger case.

This is a method used by many IT corporations to acquire patents and to squat them

I know. I know. I know.

Someone posted HC10 C0 3118 on vBulletin as well and without a link to view the information online, it's bloody useless.

That is correct. Howard has found it out, but I assume the web lists haven't been updated, because I'm not paying £30 just to find out information on one case.

But I thought that Jelsoft is no longer a company? Did that decision get reversed? Did I miss something?

I think that is the case ID, or reference #, for the original filing of intent to sue, I *think*. No one knows if they've gone ahead with the suit or not, yet.

But I thought that Jelsoft is no longer a company? Did that decision get reversed? Did I miss something?

Yes, you missed the fact "Jelsoft" had to have been "ceased trading" for a certain amount of time before IB could dissolve it. Something IB overlooked and why Jelsoft still does exists today. This was posted about on vBulletin somewhere not that long ago.

IB got notice of refusal, they still have to wait longer before they can go ahead and do it. In short, it seems the IB legal team didn't do their homework well enough on UK law when it comes to dissolving a company.

Ah thanks. I don't have access to the licensed customer threads anymore, since I left vBulletin in the dust a year ago.

I know. I know. I know.

That is correct. Howard has found it out, but I assume the web lists haven't been updated, because I'm not paying £30 just to find out information on one case.
If you knew, why would you find it interesting, as their reasons for doing so is pretty obvious.

I did read on vBulletin either last week or the week before, Howard saying he was going to contact some friends he had in the legal system to see what could be found about the case. Looks from what your saying here, that he went ahead and did so? And was given a case number that's been lodged but is not currently public?

So this might indeed confirm that there is a case in progress against XenForo?

Whilst using Jelsoft in one instance to run the campaign, being it is a UK company, the other problem they have is that the company itself has not traded in x years, which will go against them for anything they try and do about competition, as IB being US based in California, they have no legal pull across oceans for what XF do now, x years on after Jelsoft as a company stopped trading, and is only around to meet legal requirements before you can dissolve the company. It wouldn't surprise me if they pulled it from the registrar when it was listed, purely for this little adventure to cause havoc, as I believe there is nothing else really, especially when they are using a company name to sue that doesn't even trade any more.

Here in Australia, if you have a financial services license attached to your company, then its 5 years. I think otherwise you can dissolve here pretty much finalising it upon business taxation time. Not sure about software companies who issue licenses.

As per my initial assessment... pathetic tactics to try and eliminate the competition that actually stands a chance of breaking their company. Their issues are all their fault IMHO, but they want to now try and blame others for their own stupidity.

I did read on vBulletin either last week or the week before, Howard saying he was going to contact some friends he had in the legal system to see what could be found about the case. Looks from what your saying here, that he went ahead and did so? And was given a case number that's been lodged but is not currently public?

So this might indeed confirm that there is a case in progress against XenForo?
Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom