XF Legal Donation Fund - David vs. Goliath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul feel free to donate to those charities, I'm sure they will put your money to good use.
I do thanks. :)

Can't. I was being nice. Since xenForo has been released i feel not the need to fight :)
Well thank you Hannah. :D Btw, is that picture actually you ?

Seems the defendxenforo.com idea is already sending vBer fanatics into panic mode by it's sweeping community feeling, another win.
*Sigh* Seems the Xf'er fanatics cant help but fall over themselves looking for some hidden motives to every post I make. Must provide hours of fun. :p

Its quite funny really, I spent the last hour testing a modified vb importer that works on vb4 attachments, since I knew it wasnt too hard and thought it would be quite interesting. Time wasted I guess, Im sure i would be accused of planting a vb virus or something in it. :(

Back to the tv for a bit I think. I'll let you go to work on figuring out the hidden meaning in this post now, im almost looking forward to some of the conspiricy theories. :cool:

Please use one of the fundraising wordpress plugins or web applications that track the amount of money raised.

Also put a reasonable and specified $ goal on the fundraising, that way you can build momentum without appearing greedy.

Good luck!

Paul, we don't hate vBulletin (the script) or you, I own 3 lifetime licenses with 3 forums still running on vB 3.6.9 and later.

I just choose never to accept any of the IB updates due to the fact that that I must accept IB's new license to download them which I will never do until the license lawsuits hit in a class action.

Please use one of the fundraising wordpress plugins or web applications that track the amount of money raised.

Also put a reasonable and specified $ goal on the fundraising, that way you can build momentum without appearing greedy.

Good luck!

Fine suggestions Peter-Jan. We were looking at doing something similar to a rolling total that updates on each donation. Will look at the WP plugins and see if we can't get something cool.

*Sigh* Seems the Xf'er fanatics cant help but fall over themselves looking for some hidden motives to every post I make. Must provide hours of fun. :p

Its quite funny really, I spent the last hour testing a modified vb importer that works on vb4 attachments, since I knew it wasnt too hard and thought it would be quite interesting. Time wasted I guess, Im sure i would be accused of planting a vb virus or something in it. :(

Back to the tv for a bit I think. I'll let you go to work on figuring out the hidden meaning in this post now, im almost looking forward to some of the conspiricy theories. :cool:

Paul is it or is it not true that you run vborg, a known site for supporting IB's products to the exclusion of all other forum products, ergo one must wonder why you are posting at xenforo.com, not that we don't appreciate your input. If you would excuse me I need to go get my tinfoil hat, looks to me like a couple of phpBBers lurking around ....

Sorry i did not read all posts in advance regarding this thread.. So not sure if this has benn mentioned already or not.... But Pay Pal Labs has an amazing fund raising widget That i feel would be perfect for this fund... This will give a code that anybody can add to their sites with all funds going to the same place.. Each site adding this widget gets credit.. Well you just need to check it out for yourself but it really is the perfect solution for getting the word out and maximizing exposure.. https://www.paypal-labs.com/

PayPal giving widget
Raise funds for your cause with a PayPal giving widget. Promote your goal and track contributions easily. Share your widget with friends, loyal readers, and visitors.

Attachments

• animal_big.webp
    animal_big.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 48

Good luck!
Excellent suggestion. Thank you!

Sorry i did not read all posts in advance regarding this thread.. So not sure if this has benn mentioned already or not.... But Pay Pal Labs has an amazing fund raising widget That i feel would be perfect for this fund... This will give a code that anybody can add to their sites with all funds going to the same place.. Each site adding this widget gets credit.. Well you just need to check it out for yourself but it really is the perfect solution for getting the word out and maximizing exposure.. https://www.paypal-labs.com/

PayPal giving widget
Raise funds for your cause with a PayPal giving widget. Promote your goal and track contributions easily. Share your widget with friends, loyal readers, and visitors.
another excellent suggestion. Thank you!

PayPal giving widget

Another excellent suggestion, thanks VonDoom ...

Don't forget to set up the corresponding Facebook group too.

That should help to spread the word.

Ive used that widget during a fundraiser my site was sponsoring earlier this summer for Special Needs Dobermans.. I was able to use the code generated directly from the widget to place it on site 2, 3, 4, and 5.. The beauty o this is that i somebody donates to the fund on site 4. the widget automatically updates on sites 1,2,3 and 5..

I t was pretty amazing to see that people were using the code generated from the widget on sites we had previously never even heard of.. The beauty of this was no one was redirected and a quick summery on what the fund is about is also included inside the widget within a tab.. The ticker is also a nice feature that includes all donators from sites 1,2,3,4 and 5 etc, etc.. lol i suck at explaining things like this, but is really worth a look at least.. I wish i still had the code from my fundraiser to illustrate how ingenious this little app really is..

Paul is it or is it not true that you run vborg, a known site for supporting IB's products to the exclusion of all other forum products
No, its not true. :)

I help run vb.org with about eight other staff, others of which are also members here, and at least one of which has released an XF add-on already. Several vb.com staff are also members, and again, at least one has posted an add-on, so im not entirely sure what your point is. :)

No, its not true. :)

I help run vb.org with about eight other staff, others of which are also members here, and at least one of which has released an XF add-on already. Several vb.com staff are also members, and again, at least one has posted an add-on, so im not entirely sure what your point is. :)

Paul just trying to clarify for the membership, many of whom are confused by this, are you now saying vborg will carry Xenforo modifications? Are you in fact ditching all the vB stuff for Xenforo modifications? Are the vborg staff in open rebellion and are now writing exclusively for the Xenforo community?

I know a number of Admin sites who will want to break this news to the market, could those Admins please wait till Paul has answered this question before publishing as we don't want to spread false rumours.

Paul just trying to clarify for the membership, many of whom are confused by this, are you now saying vborg will carry Xenforo modifications? Are you in fact ditching all the vB stuff for Xenforo modifications? Are the vborg staff in open rebellion and are now writing exclusively for the Xenforo community?

I know a number of Admin sites who will want to break this news to the market, could those Admins please wait till Paul has answered this question before publishing as we don't want to spread false rumours.

Ok. If you dont want to be sensible, so be it.

My vb4 importer test appeared to work btw, just in case you were interested in something a tad more in the real world at some point. :)

Anyway, its late in the uk .....

Ok. If you dont want to be sensible, so be it.

My vb4 importer test appeared to work btw, just in case you were interested in something a tad more in the real world at some point. :)

Anyway, its late in the uk .....

So you are not denying things are changing at vborg? Admin site owners please hold off rushing to press with this till we can get a firm answer from Paul.

Congrats on your vb4 importer, I know a lot of members here are going to be very thankful for that one.

Paul do vBers understand the concept of "fishing" when it comes to forum posting? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom