xF IRC is here!

irc.xfchat.com has address 199.48.161.184

Seems to be owned by nodesdirect.com/servercomplete.com

http://servercomplete.com/legal-aup said:
IRC/Bittorrent/P2P/Warez
IRC Usage is strictly prohibited on all Server Complete, LLC services. Customers may not operate and maintain IRC servers whatsoever. Use of IRC plug-ins, scripts, add-ons, clones or other software is prohibited. Server Complete, LLC does not allow the use of both Peer to Peer as well as Bit Torrent. Warez linking and sharing on the Server Complete, LLC network is also strictly prohibited.

It's quite annoying that many hosts disallow IRC simply because it's associated with piracy.

I love how trying to do something nice for the community has lead to nothing but a 4 page b1tch fest as to why we shouldn't have a unofficial irc channel.. Everything should be done on the forum here.. Yet no one b1tches about unofficial admin forums.. Don't really see the difference between the two.. Both avenues are just a place for people to socialize at.

Don't take it personally, Mike. There is a big difference between a chat and a forum. In a chat it's instant, in a forum people can go back and search. An unofficial admin forum (yes I caught the dig there :p) simply gives an area where things can be discussed that, sometimes, can't on the official forum because it's a business. An IRC chatbox is great for a random talk, but you can't really offer any long-term searchable information for the people who aren't in the chat at that very moment.

Probably been disconnected for breaking his host's TOS... worrying that he didn't check a (very obvious) AUP statement that mosts hosts use for obvious reasons.

I assume it'll be back online once he finds a host willing to risk IRC on their network.

Probably been disconnected for breaking his host's TOS... worrying that he didn't check a (very obvious) AUP statement that mosts hosts use for obvious reasons.

I assume it'll be back online once he finds a host willing to risk IRC on their network.

Please know facts before making statements. The server that hosts primary DNS for it is having issues atm. We had a lot of customers upgrade, several that broke their sites in the process. From rolling back from hourly backups from R1Soft, MySQL is acting up and causing random server crashes.

Data center is well aware of our IRC, to the extent we been issued 128 IPs to use for vHosts when we launch our shell services soon.

Surprised they gave you the 128 really. Speaking as someone in the hosting industry thats a bit irresponsible of your provider (and no, this isn't a dig at you ). Datacenters now generally only do 32 maximum at a time unless you can prove immediate usage needs. It's actually against ARIN rules to allocate such high numbers without immediate (I.e now not in a month) usage.

It's a real shame ipv6 hasn't taken off as quickly as expected as everyone can get huge numbers of those without a problem.

Surprised they gave you the 128 really. Speaking as someone in the hosting industry thats a bit irresponsible of your provider (and no, this isn't a dig at you ). Datacenters now generally only do 32 maximum at a time unless you can prove immediate usage needs. It's actually against ARIN rules to allocate such high numbers without immediate (I.e now not in a month) usage.

It's a real shame ipv6 hasn't taken off as quickly as expected as everyone can get huge numbers of those without a problem.

Yeah, well it's 64 per server for our vHosts, plus we already have other blocks we justified in 100% use from SSLs, etc. It is still pretty easy to get IPs. I know places like for example OVH Canada you can get 128 IPs auto provisioned, just pay for them and they are assigned within 20 minutes, Hetzner is the same way as well.

Top Bottom