xF IRC is here!

Same here. Not the kind of thing I would/will ever be interested in. Perhaps if xenforo ran such a channel there could be a remote chance.

There are only three people in XenForo. Would you really want their attention diverted to operating a chat channel?

MikeEdge has provided something that some people find useful. That's good enough for me, even though I personally have have interest in it.

Your IRC service doesn't even allow nicknames that are longer than 9 characters :(

Default compile setting in Ratbox, I might change it in the future but it would require a re-compile and restarting the IRCd. Don't really see the 9 characters limit as a big deal to be honest.

Default compile setting in Ratbox, I might change it in the future but it would require a re-compile and restarting the IRCd. Don't really see the 9 characters limit as a big deal to be honest.
My name's 10 characters though. :( *patiently waits*

Are there services yet?

No plans to add services atm. It's more EFnet style. Maybe if the channel grows a lot I'll consider it, but for now name and channel services aren't important with 15 online atm

We generally use IRC as a backup for when our server gets very busy (it's a football site and towards the end of the transfer window things go mental) so being able to embed mibbit or something on our site is always useful. Likewise, having chanserv to keep the channel open and op our admins, etc is also really useful.

Jaxel's IRC addon was quite nice as it pulled the users online and added them to a sidebar widget so you could see if anyone was chatting before loading IRC but I think that was specific to that IRC server.

There are only three people in XenForo. Would you really want their attention diverted to operating a chat channel?

MikeEdge has provided something that some people find useful. That's good enough for me, even though I personally have have interest in it.

No. My views on an a official Irc channel by xf is well known throughout.

And

#join, have fun it's not everyone's cup of tea. I prefer being served coffee. It sounds like your cup of tea :D

Would you make fun of me if I had to search Google for "How do you use IRC?"

Anyway, I think I had connected but idk, couple people there but no one was talking. Web based chat programs, what about Chatango.com?

Would you make fun of me if I had to search Google for "How do you use IRC?"

Anyway, I think I had connected but idk, couple people there but no one was talking. Web based chat programs, what about Chatango.com?

Chatango is more a site shoutbox. Web based client will be coming shortly..

Btw, yes you reached the right place :D

<Isabella> Am I at the right place? Is this the XenForo IRC thingie?
* Isabella has quit (Client Quit)

There is an #xenforo IRC channel on Freenode since first beta was released.

Yes, that no one goes to it as most people including myself don't like freenode, others in this thread also noted they too don't like Freenode. More so lately all the DDoS attacks it's been under. We are currently averaging 15 or so people, peaks of over 20. Even Floris has returned and been active in the channel. Freenode channel normally has maybe 5 people, so it's clear people prefur a small, private network like what I am offering.

Yes, that no one goes to it as most people including myself don't like freenode, others in this thread also noted they too don't like Freenode. More so lately all the DDoS attacks it's been under.
No idea about that. All I know is that Freenode is the largest developer network on the planet. CentOS, Nginx, PHP, etc. have their IRC channels there. All my developer friends are on Freenode, including myself.

All I know is that Freenode is the largest developer network on the planet

Largest isn't always better.. Just look at MicroSoft.

Instead of arguing and trying to derail my thread with another network.. Why not just come idle on both? Being on 2 IRCs at once isn't hard ;) I'm idle 24/7 on 8 networks.

Top Bottom