xF IRC is here!

Mike Edge

Many been asking for it for a while with the departure of Floris and vBfans chat.

Welcome the birth of xF Chat!

Server: irc.xfchat.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #xF

I will try to have a web based chat up tomorrow for those that don't have a IRC client.

Feel free to start your own channels too! Be great to see some channels for communities and support channels for 3rd party developers.

Not to put a damper on it, but I don't think an IRC chat hosted by another third party is really the place for other third party developers to support their addons.

Not a fan of IRC :D If it was owned and ran by XenForo itself, I might be persuaded.. but not a third party one... seen it, been involved in it, found that the people behind it always end up letting their own opinions outweigh those of people who start their own channels. Not for me :)

Not really, several networks are still very big, IRC is far from dead. On that note, channel is growing nicely. Several people in the channel now.

Compared to what it was like 5 years ago, it may as well be dead ;) I remember being able to pop into channels and regularly see thousands of people in them. These days most are lucky to get 20 people at a time, and even then most of them will be idle.

In any case for something like XenForo, yet another discussion area is just silly (IMO of course) we already have a forum for, you guessed it, chatting to developers. I doubt developers will sit and be active on IRC, they will end up just being AFK with people getting frustrated and eventually taking it to a forum thread anyway.

Not to put a damper on it, but I don't think an IRC chat hosted by another third party is really the place for other third party developers to support their addons.

Not a fan of IRC :D If it was owned and ran by XenForo itself, I might be persuaded.. but not a third party one... seen it, been involved in it, found that the people behind it always end up letting their own opinions outweigh those of people who start their own channels. Not for me :)

Same here. Not the kind of thing I would/will ever be interested in. Perhaps if xenforo ran such a channel there could be a remote chance.

Top Bottom