XF Hosted?

ok, sure, fair enough.

But a hosted solution ideally is more than the installation. The point here is that your host takes care of the scalability of the solution. Ideally, if my traffic suddenly spikes from 50 users to 500, my host would be able to set me up in either a high end server or cluster in a day, to rebalance the database out of the webserver, to add more cgi processes if needed, and I would not need to worry about any of that

(and most likely they would bill accordingly)
Yeah we've had issues with Wordpress websites lately.

I didn't and don't know anything about was you guys are talking about LOL

I was thinking more of generating additional revenue for XF.
The problem with that though... is web hosting is already ultra competitive. Web hosting would require a dedicated server tech to manage, as you don't want to try and pull people away from their core roles to manage web hosting. It is extremely expensive to setup, then requires maintenance, and the list is longggggggg.

Better off doing what they do at this time, being a small fee to install and setup the software on your chosen service.

The problem with that though... is web hosting is already ultra competitive. Web hosting would require a dedicated server tech to manage, as you don't want to try and pull people away from their core roles to manage web hosting. It is extremely expensive to setup, then requires maintenance, and the list is longggggggg.

Better off doing what they do at this time, being a small fee to install and setup the software on your chosen service.
Extremly competitive and I assume the margins are not that great.

However, XenForo would have a competitive edge here, since they can provide a XenForo instance for $5/month (example), no need to buy a license.
The other way around you would be off for $120 (license) + $5 (hosting)

Top Bottom