1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF Gift Token

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Morgain, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I think it would be very nice to have an XF gift token.
    There is no system to buy XF as a present.

You cant buy it in your own name and transfer it.
    The workaround is to buy it in a new name with the other person's email on it. Or ask staff to add it.

It might not generate a lot of sales but the few it helps are good community work.

0xym0r0n likes this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

In the rare instance that someone may want to purchase XenForo as a gift, I'm certain if it was pre-arranged with KAM they would have no issue transferring it to the appropriate owner.

This actually already happens. For example, if XF Showcase were to purchase a XenForo license for a competition prize, Ashley would be happy to transfer it into the winner's name.

3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris. That isn't what I was told when I asked. Shame as I just sent the money each time Ive done it which isnt nearly so nice. It's a pleasure to give but I want to do it an elegant way.

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Sounds like a cool idea. Like saving up tokens for Chuckee Cheeses / Showbiz Pizza.