XF Gallery - Trophy for picture posted in a specific category?

Cmely

I would like to know if there is a possibility to give to users some trophy points if one of their picture is uploaded in one specific category of the Gallery ?

Or, if not, if this may be planned in a future release ?

Or, if not, it you know an addon that could add this feature ?

Thank you.

This is not an option out of the box. (I'm generally not aware if an add-on implements that behavior, though I would guess there isn't one.)

It wouldn't require too much coding I'd imagine. I can't speak on behalf of Mike, but XMG (Xen Media Gallery) was rather recently added to the XenForo brand as an official product (XenForo Media Gallery), so perhaps in 2.0 we'll see more options for it.

It would require custom development and as it stands it seems to be something quite niche so certainly not anything we would implement in the core in the short term.

It would require custom development and as it stands it seems to be something quite niche so certainly not anything we would implement in the core in the short term.
I'wouldn't be as categorical as you are Chris about this request being "quite niche". It's photography related and when you have a look on the web you can see there are tons of forums dedicated to photography.

I'm not saying that what I'm asking for is needed by every photo forum owner, but for sure there is a need for tools specific for photo website. You can see for instance that there is a real need for a good photo contest solution. And, AFAIK, it doesn't exist now. What I'm asking for is a direct consequence of this need.

Top Bottom