I'm currently considering switching from my current forum which is running under SMF 2.0.7 to a XF installation. I have, as you can certainly imagine many questions.
Some of them are related to the use of a Photo Gallery and I definitively need your help on this regard, due to the specific usage I'm making of a Gallery on my forum.
If your answers / suggestion involve use of free/paid addons, I'm fine with that.
I'm running a photography forum. One part of this forum is a Curated photogallery. This mean that picture submitted are evaluated by our Curators staff which decide if yes or no the picture is going to get published to gallery.
The whole current curating process is this one :
- A picture is uploaded by a member in the curating queue section of the Gallery,
- In the mean time a post with the picture is created in the forum,
- Using a rate system (very similar than "Post Ratings" by @Luke Foreman), curators give a rate to the picture in the forum,
- The picture have to be rated by three curators,
- Members can see the rates given by curators,
- You can see some examples of the ratings scale here : http://www.lux-optima.com/index.php?topic=702.0 or in any post of this thread : http://www.lux-optima.com/index.php?board=74.0
- if the picture is selected by our curators, then the picture if moved from the curation queue to the appropriate category of the gallery, that you can see here : http://www.lux-optima.com/index.php?action=gallery and an automatic message is sent to the member to tell him/her that the picture have been published.
- If the picture is not selected, then the picture is moved from the curation queue to the archive category of the gallery (whichi is not visible except by curators) and an automatic message is sent to the member to tell him/her that the picture have been published.
- A photo gallery of course,
- A curation system allowing several curators to evaluate a picture with a more extended system than the default basic 5 stars one.
- Each rates given must be visible by members
- An automatic message is send based on curators decision