1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF.com Downtime?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Dannymh, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Hi,

It appears that for some reason my home IP address is blocked from xenforo.com. Switching over to my phone or using hola lets me in but want to know why my IP may be blocked, it was working last night when I checked the site.

Dan

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Is it just loading forever/not loading? This happened to me a while back, yet there wasn't a ban...

It was very strange...

If it does say you've been IP banned, that's also strange :)

Liam

3. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Just doesn't load at all. Comes up as if the site is down or does not exist. Ping does not work either.

I am based in amsterdam, Netherlands. Now hola won't load the site from different locations.

Very odd.

4. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

Same here, slow / time-out

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The DNS host appears to be having some intermittent issues. It will hopefully be resolved soon.

rbharathi likes this.
  6. Gazhyde

Gazhyde Well-Known Member

I couldn't access from BT (UK) about 30 mins ago, but was chatting with someone else in the UK who used Sky and they had no issues. Was going to try my O2 mobile, but the issue cleared for me before I got chance.

Sounds like a routing issue somewhere... but hey, it's Monday!

7. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Calm down everyone...

XenForo is simply updating this board to 2.0... of course there will be issues and hiccups in the beginning. Should be sorted shortly.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  8. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Cool glad it's not just me.

9. BoostN

BoostN Active Member

I use to have the same problem ~6 months ago. So far so good here lately.

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It should be resolved for most people soon.

rbharathi likes this.
  11. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I was not able to access XenForo this morning at 6:00am until I switched the DNS on my iMac. Normally I use Comcast's DNS, but switching to Google's DNS fixed it.

Google's DNS is:

12. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I had this for ages with my one ISP but it is/was a routing issue on their side so I just use my other ISP

13. Glockie

Glockie Well-Known Member

lol I'm glad it was this, thought I got banned for some strange reason! :LOL::p

14. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

The DNS server is still down from my web server, just a random FYI.

Liam

15. Brogan

16. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Finally back myself!

XenForo was fine at the time of my last activity, which was 12:30 AM, so it must have started sometime after that. I wasn't able to access the site until about 13 minutes ago (5:20 PM).

Claudio likes this.
  17. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Xenforo.com has been down for me for the past few days. This was on multiple devices, different Internet connections, etc.

Any ideas if this was a widespread thing? There seems to have been posts on here so doesn't look like it was down for everyone...

18. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Not for me.

19. Brogan

RobParker likes this.
  20. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I checked the Twitter feed (expecting a XF2.0 announcement :p) but couldn't find mention of any downtime.