XF Browser Support roadmap

tyteen4a03

Is there a roadmap or a general practice for when support for older versions of certain browsers (*tsk*Internet Exterminator*tsk*) will be dropped in a future release?

I reckon we will see dropped "official" support for IE8 within the next year. Redactor 9 and jQuery 2.x don't support IE8 so XenForo can't upgrade to their latest versions until they drop "official" support for IE8.

Support for old browsers will probably exist as long as there is a significant number of users using them.

My own stats have shown a sudden decline of IE8 usage in recent months, so to be honest, don't imagine it will be officially supported for much longer anyway.

I reckon we will see dropped "official" support for IE8 within the next year. Redactor 9 and jQuery 2.x don't support IE8 so XenForo can't upgrade to their latest versions until they drop "official" support for IE8.

I believe it was stated there is no interest in upgrading to Redactor 9 and it goes well beyond compatibility. The amount of changes made to Redactor for Xenforo and the fact it would have to be redone from scratch.

Support for old browsers will probably exist as long as there is a significant number of users using them.

My own stats have shown a sudden decline of IE8 usage in recent months, so to be honest, don't imagine it will be officially supported for much longer anyway.
Microsoft would end its support for Windows XP SP3 (last release that supports IE8) on April 8, 2014. It's a good date to stop supporting it on XF as well.

Top Bottom