XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
Laugh all you like mate. I don't care.
I only care when the thing finally drops and you have egg on your face.

I think your comment is more of a put down on the developers than all the other posts in this thread. Do you think they are children and will intentionally hold back releases just because of complaints?

I promise the developers and staff here want this release out just as much if not more than the customers. There was obviously something(s) unforeseen holding up this release that they have chosen to hold back details on.

At the same time I think the developers would be shocked if a thread like this didn't exist. It only shows the eagerness of the customer base to see where XenForo is going. I don't believe I've seen anyone post in here that they just purchased another forum software and were moving on. Just XenForo customers expressing there disapproval of such a long time in between releases - which in my opinion is justified.
I disagree with your comment.

Why?

You and many others have been laughing and taking everything as a joke.

When the guys have posted stuff up you've either been mad or angry at what's been posted up by them.

I can take notice that you're actually one of those people who probably got an F for listening to the teacher

You do know who the original lead developer and product manager of vBulletin was, right?
yeah.
Some of them are still over there today.
The others moved on over to here.
yeah but i'm not sure if she still posts actively on here or not.
I haven't seen a lot of her on here.

I remember Kier, and i think chris d was from there as well as floris.

Can't recall if @Brogan used to be on there too.

He may of been.

But you should really see wayne luke's stuff on vBulletin.

Kier's trying to follow his lead.

Last edited:
I remember with vBulletin using their software and then finding out that the new one was going to be different.

They were right.

They're prices went up by $100 all because they did a lot of major changes by listening to everyone else who wanted those changes.

Why do i keep going on about vBulletin? Because they're going really well with their vBulletin Connect 5 structure.

They don't put out their versions until they're ready. They have beta versions and then they have the real deal.

So maybe the idea is to release it as a beta version for people to use on here first. Before releasing the whole thing.
Literally everything you've written there is the polar opposite of reality and as a multiple vBulletin license holder since version 2 I think I can say that with some authority.

Oh wait, I've just seen the date, please tell me you posted in jest?

Literally everything you've written there is the polar opposite of reality and as a multiple vBulletin license holder since version 2 I think I can say that with some authority.

Oh wait, I've just seen the date, please tell me you posted in jest?
Oh wait please stop with your rubbish.
Go and bully the staff.

I'm somebody who gives my opinion on things. I don't give a rat's arse about what you think at all.

I think your comment is more of a put down on the developers than all the other posts in this thread. Do you think they are children and will intentionally hold back releases just because of complaints?

I promise the developers and staff here want this release out just as much if not more than the customers. There was obviously something(s) unforeseen holding up this release that they have chosen to hold back details on.

At the same time I think the developers would be shocked if a thread like this didn't exist. It only shows the eagerness of the customer base to see where XenForo is going. I don't believe I've seen anyone post in here that they just purchased another forum software and were moving on. Just XenForo customers expressing there disapproval of such a long time in between releases - which in my opinion is justified.
I think those are all your thoughts, your words, not mine. Im just pointing out the idea that the general rhetoric here from what I've seen more than likely has a net negative effect. Either in influencing software development, as I disagree that is has no effect, community morale, customer faith and trust, and a dozen other things at least.

But by all means, continue if you think that's helpful. Who knows.

Last edited:
monty python GIF

If we look on the bright side of things, it is not a given that we are able to moan for this long. Many other forums would have stopped it and would have taken actions. You all own a forum and you all know how it is to have the power to just influence a topic, to steer it in the direction it pleases you. Especially getting criticized for so long, I think many of you would have ended it a long time ago if you were in the same situation.

So, this is a testimony to them. Letting us voice it for this long and like this. Although personally I am not that happy because I believe I got censored once by getting my topic closed but still I think they are honourable people. The development case is a different thing, I think even after the release we will keep moanin (because the source of the issue remains), yet business aside, we should appreciate the good intentions they have. I know I do because when I look how greedy and outrageous other companies became, we are lucky that in 13 years we can't badmouth them once from that angle.

Look at us, we get the chance to not renew our licenses if it doesn't fit us whereas other companies force you to renew whether you want it or not by also charging a fortune. So, credit where credit is due, thanks for being humane all things considered. Maybe we do criticize too much and we don't show our appreciation enough. Sorry if that is the case.

Some of you are worse than a bunch a woman, discussing their own fat weight like some clucking chickens. Just chill, you’ll see when the day comes, in the meantime, focus on your community. The XF software should be more than stable enough to keep you occupied.

Some of you are worse than a bunch a woman, discussing their own fat weight like some clucking chickens. Just chill, you’ll see when the day comes, in the meantime, focus on your community. The XF software should be more than stable enough to keep you occupied.
All while you attack people using your sexist comments. Can we not go down that path please? Be nice.

Really.. who cares.... it's been over two years. I'd MUCH rather they get a bug fix out for the issues that have been detailed, some of which are somewhat show-stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom