XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope XF 2.3 isn't released for a while now...I'm quite enjoying getting up in the mornings and reading all this nonsense with my coffee.

Vibing Black-Ish GIF by ABC Network

I mean, it can actually work.

Last year, Return to Monkey Island was actually announced on April 1st. And then on the Monday after that weekend, it was announced again, and got a bunch of PR for it, so it can work.

But, sadly, XenForo does not have Devolver Digital’s big chaos energy.

I personally think the community here shoots itself in the foot with some of the attacks. If you attack developers or a company, I think you're going to get the opposite effect of what you're looking for. If you want progress, shower them with support. Critique here or there is normal. But I check this thread just to watch the carnage you are doing to yourselves.

I personally think the community here shoots itself in the foot with some of the attacks. If you attack developers or a company, I think you're going to get the opposite effect of what you're looking for. If you want progress, shower them with support. Critique here or there is normal. But I check this thread just to watch the carnage you are doing to yourselves.
Whilst i agree i think the developers should have a leader asking for our input on things.
Such as starting a thread about what features do people want in the next lot of major version changes.
Also i think everyone from the Developers to the mods of this forum need to have a thorough understanding of what's going to happen.
Because some of us here really want to know what's going to happen.

After being told that this thread and many things are a joke.
I'm going to sit back and wait and see what is different.

You see i wouldn't be surprised if we see the usual software with a couple of built in styles for us to use.
A bit like what vBulletin have done. It looks great. It also doesn't bother me what happens next.

But i'm also thinking that the price will go up with the new stuff.

I remember with vBulletin using their software and then finding out that the new one was going to be different.

They were right.

They're prices went up by $100 all because they did a lot of major changes by listening to everyone else who wanted those changes.

Why do i keep going on about vBulletin? Because they're going really well with their vBulletin Connect 5 structure.

They don't put out their versions until they're ready. They have beta versions and then they have the real deal.

So maybe the idea is to release it as a beta version for people to use on here first. Before releasing the whole thing.

I think your comment is more of a put down on the developers than all the other posts in this thread. Do you think they are children and will intentionally hold back releases just because of complaints?

I promise the developers and staff here want this release out just as much if not more than the customers. There was obviously something(s) unforeseen holding up this release that they have chosen to hold back details on.

At the same time I think the developers would be shocked if a thread like this didn't exist. It only shows the eagerness of the customer base to see where XenForo is going. I don't believe I've seen anyone post in here that they just purchased another forum software and were moving on. Just XenForo customers expressing there disapproval of such a long time in between releases - which in my opinion is justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom