XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't lived until you've gone back to wwwboard... 😁 In the old days, you didn't need any stinkin' login (or account) to post!

1642040680820.png

You can actually still download this from its original source at Matt's Script Archive. If you have the intestinal fortitude to install it and set it up.

I'm sorry, I have to disagree, Microsoft FrontPage forum software was the dogs danglies and set the foundations for all successful forum softwares.
Please tell me that the long awaited XF2.3 is using MF forum software as it's basis :)

You haven't lived until you've gone back to wwwboard... 😁 In the old days, you didn't need any stinkin' login (or account) to post!

View attachment 263293

You can actually still download this from its original source at Matt's Script Archive. If you have the intestinal fortitude to install it and set it up.

I ran a guestbook from Matt's Archive. The audience that was built in back and forth discussion within the guestbook became the first members of my forum. I believe the first forum software I used was UBB. 26 years since the first guestbook post.

Cute, but still irritating in the end, IMO. It was kind of a neat precursor to modern AI-driven help and assistants but definitely not ready for primetime back then.
I think one of the reasons development was slow on the dog was because they didn’t have a @Brogan to run their support forum so they made Clippy the lead mod and, well, you can imagine how that went.

Cute, but still irritating in the end, IMO. It was kind of a neat precursor to modern AI-driven help and assistants but definitely not ready for primetime back then.
I didn't find the dog irritating, but there's no right or wrong about that one, just reference.

Agreed that the state of AI wasn't really enough to do it justice back then. Not sure it is today either although it's come a long way.

Not sure it is today either although it's come a long way.
I am actually getting useful help from some companies' AI assistants now but, yeah, still needs work. I'm not really sold on current AI tech as anything but an occasionally useful helper app. Figuring out the best route in Google Maps type stuff is where it seems to shine.

Reactions: FTL
If you were not recording BillBoards top 100 on these then you do not know the struggle of 1990s.
6748-0690-featured.webp

I want to find a stack of them and a cassett player just to have some childhood memories.
Ahh the ol'days.

Lead is a banned substance these days.
Clippy was toxic. 👍

I want to find a stack of them and a cassett player just to have some childhood memories.
I still have my main cassette deck from back in the 80s--still works, too. (Harman/Kardon CD301.) Most of my tapes were expendable (made myself), but some are rare and I have not yet had the opportunity to digitize them as a backup.

The cost of new old stock blank cassettes today is mind boggling...

Clippy was toxic. 👍

I still have my main cassette deck from back in the 80s--still works, too. (Harman/Kardon CD301.) Most of my tapes were expendable (made myself), but some are rare and I have not yet had the opportunity to digitize them as a backup.

The cost of new old stock blank cassettes today is mind boggling...
Like anything that use to be cheap is expensive now days and the stuff that is saught after like records for instance many people are getting into them that were not into them because of the retro-nostalgia of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom