XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's coming soon.
Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

Reactions: FTL
Now I’m even more confused by our antipodean friend, seeing that he seems to be angry at the notion that people keep holding onto hope after everything else. Surely that’s the very essence of “you just need to keep waiting” and “be patient”, by doing that just even long after the time would otherwise have passed?

Now I’m even more confused by our antipodean friend, seeing that he seems to be angry at the notion that people keep holding onto hope after everything else. Surely that’s the very essence of “you just need to keep waiting” and “be patient”, by doing that just even long after the time would otherwise have passed?
Maybe i'm sick of your negative posts and stupid laugh reacts 24/7.

Version 2.3 will come once @Chris D and his crew are ready.

@aussiefooty version 2 of xf has been around for 3 years and no interesting features have been released.
If people complain, they have every right since you spend a lot to buy the license and you also have to spend every year for the renewal...
From a company that invoices a lot and has thousands of customers, it is expected that it will improve its product and not that it has been standing still for 3 years.
However, the renewal of licenses is not stopped for 3 years...

Version 2.3 will come once @Chris D and his crew are ready.
If you want to be specific Kier and Mike were the original programmers with Mike since stepping away - Chris was programmer #3 in the hiring list and not sure the rest of them are his "crew" (what is this east London in the 60s?)

The developers here are taking their time because it is a major release.
So give them that space they need.
Also if you hate XF so much why are you even on their forum and using their software?
Complaining about how long these guys take is rather childish. It's kind of like you're telling us you lot are impatient.
Who cares if this thread's been going on for 3 years. It was started as a joke.
People have been pranking us in here. Even i've managed to laugh. So wait and see what these developers do. It will be significant once done as it's a major release.

I don't hate them. I actually like them and am grateful for their software. I use the forum because I get good support from the community and the developers.
Not sure who is claiming anyone "hates them".
I think the big issue is that it's been over 2 years since a x.Y.z release has rolled out... and not a whole bunch of "new features" since then. Other scripts are advancing steadily, meanwhile, we mainly get bug fixes, with a small bone thrown in here and there.
I realize that the XF design philosophy pretty much is "push features off on 3rd party developers"... but now even the number of active 3rd party developers is less for XF than in the 1.x era, so is depending on 3rd party to "advance" the script a viable option?
I also realize that "new stuff" isn't going to bring forums back to their hey-day... but there have been many suggestions offered (some of which are over a decade old) that have not been acted upon (closed, delayed, implemented).... many of those suggestions are items that other scripts have implemented in their offerings. At least by closing those suggestions.. those 3rd party developers that XF is so dependent upon would feel more comfortable implementing them via 3rd party add-ons instead of being concerned in devoting the time to them and then seeing them eventually implemented.
As I stated in an earlier post... I renewed my license, so it's apparent I have no issues with supporting XF... I just wish they'd start offering a little more "meat on the bone" in the script and 1st party add-ons.

Last edited:
@aussiefooty version 2 of xf has been around for 3 years and no interesting features have been released.
If people complain, they have every right since you spend a lot to buy the license and you also have to spend every year for the renewal...
From a company that invoices a lot and has thousands of customers, it is expected that it will improve its product and not that it has been standing still for 3 years.
However, the renewal of licenses is not stopped for 3 years...
I just realized it. Each of us has a plan, they do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom