XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most forums allow you to drop certain swearwords.
As does Reddit if I remember my "moderating" choices correctly.
Last time I played with it, there as an "automoderator" option that allowed you to define specific words that were not allowed.
Now, please feel free to elucidate on the difference.

What happened to everyone needing to be patient?
Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Don't know about you but i'm actually still looking forward to what new things we see and what things that stay the same.
Laugh all you like if you want but i'd love to see some stronger rules in place for those that think this place is like their favourite social media platform. Because it's not.

Reactions: FTL
Yes but you said "too much swearing" which implies more than dropping "certain words"
yeah but i've also seen other forums who use a lot of swearing themselves just whinge all the time but haven't bothered to use the built in swear filter
Why?

Because that forum actually loves going around bullying others so they actually leave the forum and not bother posting on it.

There's a rule about going too far with everything. It should be actually implemented.

Don't know about you but i'm actually still looking forward to what new things we see and what things that stay the same.
Laugh all you like if you want but i'd love to see some stronger rules in place for those that think this place is like their favourite social media platform. Because it's not.
It would be nice if the moderators would be able to ban or similar those users that come with advice that is wrong/stupid/dangerous or just take up a lot of space here without benefit. I understand that it is hard when the user is a paying customer.

But maybe it good and make this forum more lively, it made me write this post. It has also made me think about if I should spend less time here.

I know about the ignore function but I really don't want to use it.

My license doesn't expire until 08/23... just renewed... why?
Not because I expect an update anytime in the near future (God forbid that to happen after waiting several years).
Not because I expect major "goodies" in the next x.Y.z version.
Not because I expect the editor to get fixed before then.

Why? Because even though XF is sucking hind teat in many ways, it still meets the needs for what I need now... and they still need the support to move forward.. even though it's at a glacial pace for most of us.
In the overall scheme of things... $95 is just a meal for the family to eat out for one night (in fact, it's about $40 less).

Last edited:
I know about the ignore function but I really don't want to use it.
I was of the same mindset... but there are a few twits that "twig" my "assholiness". There is one that the old saying involving being on fire that I can't repeat here as they would complain and it would get me "corrective action"... but they know who they are and for major stuff that I could easily help on (like Amazon SES implementation)... won't be helping them until the cows come home.

Last edited:
As what @Brogan said if you don't have people who want to argue with you on ignore then you're just doing your own head in.

I can only imagine what smart alec comment you'd be making Tracy.

I can also see that all you use this forum for is to get stuck into others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom