XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC

“There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power or our will. ”
― Epictetus

Honestly.. yes, updates are slow and there are bugs that need to be fixed.
But .... the concentration on the release of 2.3 is rather ridiculous. It will be released when it is released. I seriously doubt there are any major advancements (especially considering some that there have been suggestions that have existed for more than a decade) included in it. There are several bugs that are MORE important that need to be addressed in the xx.yy.ZZ release currently... and yes, there is a major editor issue that would most likely be addressed in a x.Y.z release... but we can only hope that it may be addressed in a xx.yy.ZZ release.

In other words.. quit fixating on a 2.3.X release... does the current script not do what you need it to do? I'm more concerned with existing bugs that could/should be fixed by now in a x.y.Z release.

I am surprised that Xenforo still allows this thread and doesn't delete it entirely. Every time I see it bumped I am surprised. If I was a new customer coming looking for forum software and I saw this post, I would assume this many customers complaining, and the lack of communication from the devs I would assume this is dead software and look elsewhere. From a business standpoint I wonder how many customers they have already lost from people doing the same thing?

I would assume this many customers complaining, and the lack of communication from the devs I would assume this is dead software and look elsewhere.
It's not dead software... I'd say it's more currently on life-support than anything else if you considered the LONG timeline between significant updates. My primary issue is that there are several bugs out (specifically editor ones) that are negatively impacting many, and there has not been much developer feedback in relation to it.
There are bugs that have been out for awhile that are still not addressed (some for those users that are show stopping). It simply indicates to some a dissonance in the need/flow to get the script to a current working level and then improve it.
We won't even touch the decade old suggestions that exist and have not been closed out or commented on as "not planned".

Personally... XF is TOO concentrated on relying on 3rd parties for certain aspects and seem to avoid 1st party solutions, which many want. That will ultimately be their downfall, as you can get a fully hosted solution (either cloud or standalone) for equal to or less than what it costs to get XF and the multitude of 3rd party solutions to create a dynamic site. And that third party solution in some ways exceeds that XF offers.

...In other words.. quit fixating on a 2.3.X release... does the current script not do what you need it to do? I'm more concerned with existing bugs that could/should be fixed by now in a x.y.Z release.
It's been 2 1/2 years, I expect major advancements.

I am surprised that Xenforo still allows this thread and doesn't delete it entirely. Every time I see it bumped I am surprised. If I was a new customer coming looking for forum software and I saw this post, I would assume this many customers complaining, and the lack of communication from the devs I would assume this is dead software and look elsewhere. From a business standpoint I wonder how many customers they have already lost from people doing the same thing?
That is the point of this post remaining at the top. It is showing that there is an issue here (@ XenForo) with exactly what you mentioned - lack of communication and a reeeeal slow update and advancement cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom