XF 2.2 XF 2.2 Beta 2 and 3 - Stuck in log in loop on some Chrome versions

cdub

I have observed this behavior on two completely separate XF 2.2 Beta 2 and 3 websites...

See this thread:

I go to log in... it then brings me back to the log in page and it looks like I haven't logged in. (it says log in)

I then click log in and it says "You are already logged in. Please click here to return to the forum list."

I return to the forum list and it says I'm not logged in and I need to log in.

The admin control panel just loops back to the log in screen.

I have cleared all cookies and even reinstalled browser.

Works fine on my phone chrome browser and safari on this version. XF 2.1.x sites work fine.

I have seen this behavior on 2 different XF 2.2 beta sites. Curiously it works just fine here on XF.com even after I killed all my cookies while it doesn't work on the beta sites.

I'm running Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) My OS is 10.9.5 and I can't upgrade it on this computer due to legacy software installed.

I don't think any XF beta updates are going to fix it for you. This isn't an issue we're actively tracking. No one else has reported anything similar so it is unlikely to be a bug.

It's possible it's a canonical URL issue (flapping between https and non-https, or www and non-www or similar) or an issue with cookies or an issue with session caching configuration.

I'd definitely be looking more on the server-side than the software-side.

Just a thought? Could it be a cookie issue as the test forum is a subdomain of his actual site.
EDIT: ignore this, just seen which site it is, and it’s not on a subdomain, and he’s also having the same issues on an add on providers site which I know is running a totally different web stack to my shared hosting.

Last edited:
Considering the available data in this thread, the fact that the same thing is happening on a third party site, and that there is no issue with phones or other browsers, then I can only conclude that it's an issue with the Chrome browser/profile.

Here's the current state of the problem with the same browser:

My site running 2.2 beta 5 - log in issue above
Subdomain test site on same server but different site running 2.2 beta 5 - NO ISSUE
Addon developer site running 2.2 beta 5 - same log in issue above
XenForo.com which I presume is running 2.2 beta 5 - no issue

To confirm - no problems for me.

I was able to log in to the forum and ACP without issue.

That, coupled with the other information discussed, confirms it's an issue with the browser/device.

Top Bottom