XF 2.0 will cost me about $10,000

One thing I hope 2.x does is bring thread title editing under the normal Edit Post screen. As it is, changing a thread title is a separate deal from editing a post. Unintuitive for members.

I always found that a little odd an unintuitive myself, I wonder if there's a good reason for it?

They are different content types - it makes sense to me that editing a post is separate from editing a thread title, even if that post is the first post in the thread.

They are different content types - it makes sense to me that editing a post is separate from editing a thread title, even if that post is the first post in the thread.
dude you look awesome in your new avy...before your avy didnt say Brogan...the new one says BROGAN

rock on

Noone complain about the front end preview, and we'll get a downloadable alpha sooner ;)

@Chris D it is autumn now, isn't it? ;)

Liam

Last edited:

Yeah, it's handy to be able to edit it on it's own and content type sort of makes sense. But it's also confusing for some users to edit the first post and be greeted with an interface that looks incredibly similar to the one used to create that post, but not quite the same, omitting fields that were there when it was composed and are now mysteriously missing.

Last edited:
Sites that rely on mods like us aren't 2.0 friendly here. You may want 2.0 xF but going to have to wait until the mods are merged over to 2.0. It will cost us much more than $10k to do this but if 2.0 is as amazing as it seems to be advertised than it will be worth it. Hopefully it won't take long for each individual who created a mod for 1.0 to get it up and running again for 2.0.

I dont know how many mods we run and we are not even done yet. I already spent way more than 10k on xf1 addons.
But we have high hopes for XF2 and hope to be doing a lot of addon development on it.

Am I the only person who in an OCD moment thinks the title should be named "Custom development for XF 2.0 will cost me X"?

i have about 25 custom made add ons
biggest issue is not the amount of add-ons but the fact that all developers we paid here for custom code have left the building...
so even if there are moderate changes needed to be 2.0-compatible, you have to pay someone to dive into the code at first. No big difference than recreating it from scratch.

My guess is November/December. He didn't say in a few weeks and said autumn so sometime before Christmas sounds more realistic. It will also just be a demo so you can't use it.

Top Bottom