XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Version 1.0.7.01 is functioning on different local test servers: WP 4.0, WP 4.1-alpha, and different versions of XF. This has not been released and I'll see about enabling WooCommerce for others who purchased to download or figure out a thread to attach in which those with permissions can retrieve it.

WordPress 4.0 compatible
Tested on WP 4.1 alpha
Commented out wp_update_users call
Added comments in xenword-users.php
Modified redirects
$xenword_thread_link
New function xenword_add_user
New widget for Showcase items

Yep. Waiting for a new release has been like this since starting my new job.

tumblr_mm1vilO1Fe1s5h9x0o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Meh or heh .. just a little peak at what is coming down the road.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This new release is coming along nicely. It took a big leap today after struggling with a particular array.

The first 2.x series is available for download.

XenWord 2.0.0.5 is available. I re-enabled WooCommerce so anyone with a current license is able to download the 2.x series.

http://www.tuxreports.com/xenword/2014/10/12/xenword-2-0-0-5-released-for-current-license-holders/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry about the voice and cough in the video. I was in the emergency room for 10 hours on Tuesday. My heart is strong but BP was 176/99. Thump thump.

My next step is to get 1.0.7.02 uploaded for those who'd like to stick with the 1.x series until the 2.x is smooth.

Hey, I've been following your plugin for a while and I am interested in getting it. Would appreciate some confirmation before purchasing on the following:

- I have wordpress on the root of the domain (ie: domain.com)
- I have the forum under a subdomain (forum.domain.com)
- I am running wordpress 4 and xen foro 1.4 (both latest versions to date).
- While not yet fully decided I was considering to use Disqus as a commenting system (would that create issues?)
- I have existing users already setup on both the forum as well as wordpress (would that be a problem?)
- Do you have any grace period or refund policy in case the plugin ultimately does not work for me?
- How long is the license valid for? (can I get future updates or stuck with the version I purchase?)

I apologize for all the questions but upon going through your website and the forum I couldn't get a clear answer for the above.

Thank you!

Hey, I've been following your plugin for a while and I am interested in getting it. Would appreciate some confirmation before purchasing on the following:

- I have wordpress on the root of the domain (ie: domain.com)
- I have the forum under a subdomain (forum.domain.com)
- I am running wordpress 4 and xen foro 1.4 (both latest versions to date).
- While not yet fully decided I was considering to use Disqus as a commenting system (would that create issues?)
- I have existing users already setup on both the forum as well as wordpress (would that be a problem?)
- Do you have any grace period or refund policy in case the plugin ultimately does not work for me?
- How long is the license valid for? (can I get future updates or stuck with the version I purchase?)

I apologize for all the questions but upon going through your website and the forum I couldn't get a clear answer for the above.

Thank you!

I have not tested a subdomain with version 2.x but cookie authentication should be fine since the domain is the same.

One of my test installations is WP 4.1-alpha and XF 1.4.1.

Disqus commenting system will not interact with XF. The bridge is designed so that XF forum posts are written as comments in WP and WP comments written as XF posts. I ran them side-by-side for some time but wouldn't recommend it.

Having users in both WP and XF databases can cause a problem. You should consider moving the WP users over to XF then delete them from the WP database (sans the administrator account). The bridge will copy users from XF to WP.

Refunds are based on failed installations or the expectations are not met - but I'd prefer working through things the first couple of weeks. After a few weeks then it'll be obvious if you are not satisfied.

There are several licenses available for purchase: an annual license or a lifetime license.

If I may - if you are uneasy and do not have a test environment - then you may want to hold off until the 2.x series is tested on more servers and configurations. Otherwise, if you feel comfortable with test environments then I'd say go for it ...

Thank you LPH, I appreciate the clarity. I'm totally on board in giving it a genuine try before even attempting to claim a refund, my major concern was getting stuck with something I can't actually use, but if you are open to work things out (within reason) or issue a refund in the case that it just wont work then I am all up for taking the risk involved as I value your time investment towards this plugin and what it aims to do.

I'm not worried about disqus and xenforo communicating, my concerns with the integration are not to integrate comments across both systems in that matter so my major concern was if it would cause problems to be using disqus instead of built in wordpress comments when using your bridge.

As for users on both ends, I feel I should clarify. The same user on wp-admin will exist on Xenforo (they already do) I was just concern on what would happen to those users once installed. For example, if I go and remove the wp user, I would need to reassign all their posts to the new xenforo user? or would I just link the existing wp user to its xenforo counterpart? If deleting the existing wp user is the route to take, what would happen to the administrator account on wordpress? would I not use that anymore in favor of a new wp admin user that is linked to a xenforo user instead?

Thanks!

When you empty out the wp_user table, keep the administrator account. You can match the user_id in WP to XF so with the bridge active will mean the account logs in through XenForo.

The point is to not have admin accounts with the same name but different IDs.

Hey LPH, just thought of another relevant question to my setup. Using your plugin, will Wordpress plugins that rely on wordpress accounts still work?

As a reference I have a plugin for a business directory that allows front end users to submit new directory entries. This obviously relies on wordpress user accounts. Does using your plugin prevents me from using plugins that carry out functionality relying on those wordpress user accounts?

Thanks!

Hi momon - the 2.x series is so new that I don't want to say yes and be wrong. The 2.0.6 added a mistake I made for opening up the WP users panel. With access to WP users then I'd say yes it should work.

Would you like to test it? Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you a copy to try.

Hey LPH, would love to test it. I may need to wait until the weekend to do so but if it does work as expected I should be in the position to make the purchase later next week.

I'll also be happy to help you thoroughly test everything under my setup. I don't have anything weird or too custom running but I do rely on some wordpress user stuff so it will def be an interesting environment to test this under.

I will send you a PM shortly.

Cheers,

New Version 2.0.0.7
XenWord 2.0.0.7 is being tested. Reports of a blank page on saving different settings in 2.0.0.6 were fixed with this version. It is not available for download until more testing is completed. I put it on a live site (www.thechembook.com) as I'm integrating WP, XF, and MediaWiki.

Disqus Commenting
I received an email stating the Disqus Comments and XenWord bridge are working together. This is a huge step for better WordPress comment integration. Hopefully they'll share their work.

Top Bottom