XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Hi, unfortunately not. The plugin relies on cookies (this is why WP 4.0 b2 isn't working yet) and security would require the domain be the same.

Sure. They may also be different or the same.

Spammers are so bad that I don't like this type of configuration but a few people are using a guest account created using a custom role WP plugin. I tinkered with the idea but don't have anything solid.

Yes. This can be done manually through the thread_id field. I tend to move things around quite a bit. I've fooled around with an easier method (non database changes) but for now the database is the only way.

Hopefully this answers all of your questions.
What has changed in WP 4?

What has changed in WP 4?

The developers tied cookies and sessions together. The devs discussed this last year and finally added the code in beta 2. This means [when XenWord is active] logins will work but posting, upgrading, installing plugins, etc will fail. You will get a "Are you sure you want to do this?" error.

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20276

Tonight's attempts to fix this issue failed. I'll keep trying to figure out how to use the new session.php file with a new class (WP_Session_Tokens).

The developers tied cookies and sessions together. The devs discussed this last year and finally added the code in beta 2. This means [when XenWord is active] logins will work but posting, upgrading, installing plugins, etc will fail. You will get a "Are you sure you want to do this?" error.

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20276

Tonight's attempts to fix this issue failed. I'll keep trying to figure out how to use the new session.php file with a new class (WP_Session_Tokens).
What security issues are there with multiple domains? It looks like there are some WP-XF bridges that overcame this? (e.g. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/wordpress-plugin-xenforo-api-consumer.2918/).

Would you consider adding the ability to install this add-on across multiple domains with additional payment? (if it's possible of course without risking/breaking anything).

What security issues are there with multiple domains? It looks like there are some WP-XF bridges that overcame this? (e.g. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/wordpress-plugin-xenforo-api-consumer.2918/).

Cookies should only be accessed from within the same domain. Otherwise someone can capture the cookie and take over the account.

In terms of the other bridge, there is an API being used on the XF side then a cron job to synchronize things.

Would you consider adding the ability to install this add-on across multiple domains with additional payment? (if it's possible of course without risking/breaking anything).

No. I'm sorry but between the move, the changing of things in WP 4.0, and supporting new sales then there just isn't time.

The change would require large changes in the code base.

Hi

I've few questions I'd like you to answer them:
1) What happens if few users comment some WP entries using this bridge and then I uninstall this plugin? Will the comments disappear or are they saved in the WP database?
2) Are the comments using this bridge saved with the exactly parameters (database table, fields) like a normal WP comment?
3) My forum has 15.000 users. Can I synchronize them using your plugin? What will happen? Will the plugin create a separated WP account for each XF user?

Regarding a feature:
"New: XenForo user is written to the WordPress database"
When does this happens? When the user comment? When you enable the plugin? When the user logs in Wordpress?
I'm a bit confused by this feature.

In order to let you understand why I've many questions related to the way how this bridge deals with users is because I'm worried about what will happens if I uninstall this plugin in the future due lack of support or the development has stopped. I know you will say it won't but I need to be sure if you've developed it to keep the comments which were made while this plugin was installed or if all of them will be broken.

Last edited:
The more important issue is the structure of the files. The files for WordPress and XenForo need to be on the same server and you need to know the relative path of the files.

Best structure for the cleanest install:

WordPress is root
XenForo in /community

Hey Thanks for the reply. So what do you mean by the relative path - just where it is installed? "httpdocs/xenword?"

Here is where my files are.

Xenforo is installed in httpdocs in folder community, so is wordpress.

path.jpg

Hi I have a few questions before purchase:

Can XF users which are logged in comment in wordpress?
Are their avatars shown?

Is the authors profile/about me info transferred to Wordpress upon publishing articles?

If someone clicks sign up - I assume this takes you too XF Login/sign up?

Now, just to confirm, you are NOT trying to use WordPress 4.0 beta 2 and above. Right?
Thanks - all is good now.

Definitely not on the beta. :)

Another feature request... if you could somehow make thread_id an editable field from within the Wordpress Dashboard on the post list that would be super convenient! I have a lot of older posts I'd love to link, and there are occasions where I would link two or more posts to the same Xenforo discussion topic.

Another feature request... if you could somehow make thread_id an editable field from within the Wordpress Dashboard on the post list that would be super convenient! I have a lot of older posts I'd love to link, and there are occasions where I would link two or more posts to the same Xenforo discussion topic.

You are correct that this needs to be added. It's a painful experience to use the database.

WordPress 4.0 Beta 2 Update

First - Do NOT update to WP 4.0. The authentication will happen but a user will not be able to complete tasks necessary (upgrades, posting, etc).

Second - The error returned shows the problem is nonce check fails.

Third - I'm trying to modify xenword-users.php file so that the authentication is accepted.

Hi

I've few questions I'd like you to answer them:
1) What happens if few users comment some WP entries using this bridge and then I uninstall this plugin? Will the comments disappear or are they saved in the WP database?
2) Are the comments using this bridge saved with the exactly parameters (database table, fields) like a normal WP comment?
3) My forum has 15.000 users. Can I synchronize them using your plugin? What will happen? Will the plugin create a separated WP account for each XF user?

Regarding a feature:
"New: XenForo user is written to the WordPress database"
When does this happens? When the user comment? When you enable the plugin? When the user logs in Wordpress?
I'm a bit confused by this feature.

In order to let you understand why I've many questions related to the way how this bridge deals with users is because I'm worried about what will happens if I uninstall this plugin in the future due lack of support or the development has stopped. I know you will say it won't but I need to be sure if you've developed it to keep the comments which were made while this plugin was installed or if all of them will be broken.

1. You may deactivate the plugin, keeping the thread_id in the database, and no harm is done. I'd deactivate so that if you want to add it back then the threads are tied to articles.
2. No. This is in the works but not in the released versions. I'm getting duplication problems if I write to the WP database.
3. There is a plugin to move users to XF. I'd recommend manually modifying users in the database so that the XF and WP user IDs match.

New XF users are added to the database - only once that user surfs to a WordPress site.

Lack of support - yes - I've been very busy trying to get my house sold and move to another city. This has been very slow and causing a drag. I'm only available an hour a day and this doesn't cut it at times.

Do I plan to continue - yes - I'm trying to get moved so I can focus on my job and this plugin. I use this plugin and need it always updated :)

There are people who are developers who have helped with portions of this plugin.

WP 4.0 is not working well with this plugin. See my posts regarding updates to getting it to work.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Hi I have a few questions before purchase:

Can XF users which are logged in comment in wordpress?
Are their avatars shown?

Is the authors profile/about me info transferred to Wordpress upon publishing articles?

If someone clicks sign up - I assume this takes you too XF Login/sign up?

-- The about me is pulled from XenForo and not transferred. Maybe that's a good idea.
-- Yes. A new registration is rolled to XenForo.

Thank you for the purchase.

@LPH thanks for the reply...

Does this support the new upgraded XF?

I'll await your reply before upgrading.

Also, I seem to have a conflict on my site when using XenWord
http://apexonlineracing.com/site > Top error is only shown when XenWord is enabled....
"
Strict Standards: Declaration of Menu_With_Description::start_el() should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /home/arlrebor/public_html/site/wp-content/themes/brainstorm/functions.php on line 390
"

Apart from that, I love the plugin, don't know what I'd of done without this!

Thank you sir!

Dan

Last edited:
Top Bottom