XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Could you add an Link to the my account page with the download on your page?
That would be helpful :coffee:

My apologies. I didn't see this earlier. There should be a link shown whenever someone logs into the site. Can you provide a screenshot of what you are getting and PM it to me?

@LPH the link I marked was not present on your page so I had to search for the news entry you created on your page to find the link to the customer center to download my purchase. So I have to thank you for adding it (y)
screen.webp

@LPH the link I marked was not present on your page so I had to search for the news entry you created on your page to find the link to the customer center to download my purchase. So I have to thank you for adding it (y)
View attachment 87462

Oh how I long for 6-7 more hours each day to be free to just work on XenWord and my sites. I can't wait for my house to be finished and sold so I can move.

XenWord 2.0.0.7 is now available for download.

This version includes a new default category option in the XenWord settings. Several pointed out the challenge to setting all the forum ids when there are hundreds of forums. This should help.

Changelog
Tested with XenForo 1.4.2
flush_rewrite_rules() added to xenword_activate
New option: added default category
Bug Fixes: xenword-thread-creation.php

The automatic updater is being developed. This ties to a license and will allow license owners to download the latest version from within WordPress. This is about the coolest feature - well - when I have it working for everyone ;)

Version 2.0.1.1 is being developed to fix a major problem with page and custom post thread creation. Please contact me immediately if you are using either of these two features. The new version needs testing.

What are the errors and should I worry?
Custom post creation in WP may or may not use categories. This depends on the custom post plugin or the manner in which the WP developer created the custom post. The current custom post code loops through categories, which might not exist. To simplify, 2.0.1.1 returns to supporting only one forum id for custom posts.

2.0.1.1 Beta

New feature: Thread_ID meta box functions to add or update the thread_id tied to a WordPress post.

The admin can now tie a past WordPress post to a XenForo thread without going into the WP database. Simply add the thread_id to the metabox and update the WP post.

This video shows the current state of the beta.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This new feature has been in the works for several months. Some may have already noticed the appearance of the metabox in the new-post area and wondered what it was doing. Well, now the final pieces to the code were added to the xenword-thread-link.php file today and tested on one installation. I'll tinker with the code a bit more this week and release it to the developers for testing next week.

Please let me know what you think about this feature.

A couple of different people have made suggestions on improving the 2.x release. I plan on working on that code today. The new code will be inserted into the 2.0.1 beta 2 and made available later today to those with developer licenses.

XenWord 2.0.1.02 is now available to developers.

Changelog
  • Added new option to set a default WordPress role.
  • Removed a deprecated function for looping through WP roles.
Video Walkthrough of Newest Feature
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Latest Stable 2.x Release

The release for 2.0.0.7 was a few weeks ago but moderators were kind enough to undelete this resource and allow me to update it now.

Release: 2.0.0.07
—————————————–
Tested with XenForo 1.4.2
flush_rewrite_rules() added to xenword_activate
New option: added default category
Bug Fixes: xenword-thread-creation.php

Release: 2.0.0.06
—————————————–
New option to enable error reporting
New option to enable WordPress Users Panel
Updated INSTALL-UPGRADE.txt file...

Read the rest of this update entry...

All download links in the customer area on your page seems to be broken for me. I always get an "File not found"-error (Firefox) with Chrome it opens the window where I can select where to save the download but when the download window shows up I get a server-error message.

All download links in the customer area on your page seems to be broken for me. I always get an "File not found"-error (Firefox) with Chrome it opens the window where I can select where to save the download but when the download window shows up I get a server-error message.

I just double checked your account and everything is set up properly. I was in the middle of updating from XenWord 1.0.6-modified to 2.01.03 on the site and saw you were online as I was doing that change. Maybe I knocked you off and caused the problem.

Would you mind logging into the xenword.com site, go to purchases, and see if the links work now?

When i click download I get this file in chrome
Code:
xenword-2.0.0.07
my PC says filetype *.07
And the Download is marked as unknown servererror - please try again or contact the serveradmin
Firefox still says file not found.
I've tested this on two PCs and both show me these behavior. :confused:

When i click download I get this file in chrome
Code:
xenword-2.0.0.07
my PC says filetype *.07
And the Download is marked as unknown servererror - please try again or contact the serveradmin
Firefox still says file not found.
I've tested this on two PCs and both show me these behavior. :confused:

The server doesn't show any errors and the file downloads fine on my machines. It's a simple zip file. Anyway, check your PM and I've provided a link.

XenWord 2.0.1.03 was installed on a multisite enabled WordPress installation locally and on a live site. The six figure thread_ids were all handled gracefully.

Version 2.0.1.03 adds an excerpt length option. The default is 500 characters. There is also a silly apostrophe bug fix.

If this holds today and no new bugs are found then I'll let everyone have access to this version.

I searched for an answer in the 21 pages but did not find an answer.

I have my XenForo site on one server, and I have my wordpress site installed on another server.

Will this work with your Plugin? I really don't want both on the same machine. :)

Thanks!

I searched for an answer in the 21 pages but did not find an answer.

I have my XenForo site on one server, and I have my wordpress site installed on another server.

Will this work with your Plugin? I really don't want both on the same machine. :)

Thanks!

This plugin requires the same physical server because it uses a relative path because WP and XF. The plugin also requires the same domain name.

Now, it would be interesting to hard code a full path and see if that works. Are you good with PHP or willing to try some modifications of XenWord?

LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Release 2.0.1 Stable

Release: 2.0.1.04
New option: Turn on and off the submission text posted in a new XenForo thread
New option: Turn on and off the title posted in a new XenForo thread
New option: Turn on and off the WordPress toolbar for all new WP users

Release Candidate: 2.0.1.03
New option: Set the length of the excerpt posted in XenForo
Bug Fix: Silly apostrophe in the admin panel is removed

Beta: 2.0.1.02
New option: Add default WP Role
Removed function:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I think I will buy this bridge, it looks really interesting.

One suggestion:
Is it possible to connect the search of XenForo and Wordpress? A checkbos for "Search in Blog" or something like this would be great. An other possibility would be adding the tags to the discussion thread in XenForo so that this thread appears when searching for these words.

Top Bottom