XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Can you do that for us? If yes what would be the price. Beceasue we are really going to ditch Disqus and user pure Xenforo for Wordpress comments.

No. I'm too backed up with other challenges. In fact, it's been days since really having time to sit and work on this plugin. Here are the instructions, though:

http://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466255

I prefer using only Xf comments. No WP at all. Can you do that ? If not, the second is also good, as I have bought the plugin for that purpose. BTW, can you give alink to the video ?

Sorry, I don't do theme work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/layneheiny/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1

There are several more videos planned that aren't done because of supporting this plugin at night after working all day. Didn't even get dinner last night. I'll certainly get them into the xenword.com/documentation when done.

Talked with my partner. We are going pure xenforo comments. No Facebook. If possible, we would also like to import them into XF :)

I've seen that request before and haven't looked into it. If you get to it then please let me know.

Working on 1.0.3.02 - cleaner widgets

A "XenForo Notices" widget was created this morning. I'm testing it out on a live product site as well as locally. I don't like how the notice_id is chosen but it's a start.

Create a widget area for the notice.
Add the widget
Choose the notice_id
Style through the WordPress theme style.css.

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 12.20.35 PM.webp

To setup a WordPress Contributor:

1. In XF, Create a WordPress Contributor usergroup
2. In XF, Assign to the XenForo accounts the WordPress Contributor as a secondary group
3. In XenWord settings, map WordPress Contributor to the WordPress role called Contributor

Now that account will be able to login and submit articles for review. When you review it, edit it, and publish it then the article will have their name as well as their name on the thread.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Show a Featured Thread in WordPress

This is the most exciting feature created to date ! It's now possible to drag and drop different "featured XenForo threads" into widget areas you create in your WordPress child theme.

The new widget includes the option for the title and thread_id. Here is a short video to show you how this works.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Imagine all of the really cool ways you can now integrate XenForo and WordPress together.

Community Statistics Widget

Finished the 'community stats' widget and am testing it on xenword.com.

rsz_xenword___a_simple_wordpress-xenforo_bridge.webp

I apologize if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but how does user registration via Google+, Facebook, Twitter integrate with Xenword? I want to enable that feature in Xenforo but I'm afraid I'll just introduce conflict.

I apologize if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but how does user registration via Google+, Facebook, Twitter integrate with Xenword? I want to enable that feature in Xenforo but I'm afraid I'll just introduce conflict.

Works like a charm. Simply set up the feature. The user creates an account on XenForo or associates one they already have in the community.

XenWord 1.0.3.02 is available for developers
  • New widgets: board stats, XF notices
  • New code: featured thread widget
  • New code: class-xenword.php
If there are no show stoppers then I’ll make this version available to everyone in a few days.

The new code in class-xenword.php adds to the capabilities of the file acting as an API.

Last edited:
I've done a check through this thread before posting, but it's long so forgive me if this has been asked.

With this bridge, it appears as though Xenforo is the "master". Are there implications for plugins such as WooCommerce or other plugins that make large use of the WordPress user data? We'd like the front end for payments to be WordPress (we have many items for sale on the site) and I haven't read much about this here...

Thanks in advance for any assistance

LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

New Widgets and Important Bug Fixes

XenWord 1.0.3 is now available for everyone. The latest version 1.0.3.03 contains important bug fixes to the contributor role and brand new widgets for helping webmasters integrate XenForo and WordPress.

Release: 1.0.3.03
-----------------------------------------
New feature: Added messages to boardTotals
Bug Fix: login widget
Fix: Spelling errors in xenword-settings.php

Release: 1.0.3.02
-----------------------------------------
New widgets: board stats, XF notices
New code:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've done a check through this thread before posting, but it's long so forgive me if this has been asked.

I should add your question to the FAQ.

With this bridge, it appears as though Xenforo is the "master". Are there implications for plugins such as WooCommerce or other plugins that make large use of the WordPress user data? We'd like the front end for payments to be WordPress (we have many items for sale on the site) and I haven't read much about this here...

There are great consequences with the current XenWord version. I modified the WooCommerce so registration on WordPress is directed XenForo. XenWord adds capabilities to the usermeta table in the WP database. Next, I complete the order by manually adding the user to WordPress and matching the usermeta created by XenWord.

This is important for me because of the fraud - but it adds a step for others.

It would be easier if the user was created in the WP database by XenWord. Unfortunately WordPress wp_create_user does not allow me to set the user_id.

It's important that the WP user_id and XenForo ids match.

Now if I could figure out how to get them to match then it would all be set. So far - I don't have that code figured it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

You are most welcome. Good luck on your site !

Thanks for the information on the compatibility. That's a bit of a bummer, but what you're saying makes complete sense.

I've done some web sites where I add a user data field that contains the userid in the external application. So I have the app_userID, but also an external_userID stored in the database. This helps me link two different userid fields. But that approach also has obvious pitfalls...so not ideal either.

Thanks again...my search goes on. :)

Just purchased, not installed yet. Quick question... when someone logs in/registers, is it possible to redirect them to the Wordpress home and not the forum?

To begin with I just want to use the Wordpress side of my site but happy for registration to be handled by xenForo. I won't actually have a forum though, it's something I will probably add in the future.

So can the forum be kept "hidden" as much as possible? Obviously it will need a xenForo register page etc.

Thanks

Just purchased, not installed yet. Quick question... when someone logs in/registers, is it possible to redirect them to the Wordpress home and not the forum?

Use the login widget provided and it should redirect right back to the WP side.

And thank you for the purchase. :)

I mind to buy. Is it possible to get xenword working with following situation with different domains and servers?

xf: domainA.com
root server

wp: domainB.net
shared hosting

thanks. And is following working with xenword, if both different domains are on same root server?

xf: domainA.com
root server

wp: domainB.net
root server

If not: Do you like to implement supporting like these situations with different domains in the next 2 months?

@Kartus - the issue is that cookies cannot (and should not) be used across different domains. They can cross subdomains because the domain is the same. In your case, you have two different domains and cookies cannot be used in this manner.

XenWord 1.0.4

I started working on 1.0.4. Two new widgets have been added. These are for the items and user reviews for the XenReviews add-on. They are both very basic but I'll tweak things as I learn more about the add-on.

The user-reviews widget is enabled on xenword.com.

Work on 2.0 took an interesting turn this morning with the use of the redux framework. The original idea was to use the boilerplate framework but the admin panel settings really needed an overhaul. Finishing up the panel will take several more days weeks but this will be the current focus of the plugin until it is done.

Here is a look at the work completed today.

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 4.48.15 PM.webp

Top Bottom