XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Hi @LPH ,

i buyed the addon at your website but i don't get any email to verify my forum account. Can you help me?

I bought this today as it looks just what I've been hoping for.

I've hit a brick wall on installation, though - I'm running Wordpress 3.9.1 and Xenforo 1.3.1.

I've aligned the user IDs, changed the settings.php to point to my Xenforo directory... but it simply won't activate.

My Wordpress Dashboard recognises that the plugin had been FTP'd up, but when I hit activate - it won't. I've tried v1.3.03 and 1.0.2, but with the same result. The top of the page tells me that the plugin was activated, but nothing in the dashboard links, and in the list of plugins it still says "Activate" under Xenword.

I've even tried in a separate browser, but nothing.

** My WP database has a non-standard prefix: it isn't wp_ Is that what's causing the problem? **

Thanks so much for any help - I'm so close to implementing this, but I've fallen at the final hurdle! I'll keep looking, but I've tried everything :(

Update: Still looking, and it's nothing to do with the database prefix. I changed it all back to wp_ ... no sign of it activating though.

I bought this today as it looks just what I've been hoping for.

Hi, Thank you for the purchase.

I've hit a brick wall on installation, though - I'm running Wordpress 3.9.1 and Xenforo 1.3.1.

This should activate fine. What versions are PHP and Apache (or nginx)?

I've aligned the user IDs, changed the settings.php to point to my Xenforo directory... but it simply won't activate.

How many users are admins, authors, etc? Is the user table filled with users?

My Wordpress Dashboard recognises that the plugin had been FTP'd up, but when I hit activate - it won't. I've tried v1.3.03 and 1.0.2, but with the same result. The top of the page tells me that the plugin was activated, but nothing in the dashboard links, and in the list of plugins it still says "Activate" under Xenword.

Is there an error in the server log?

I've even tried in a separate browser, but nothing.

** My WP database has a non-standard prefix: it isn't wp_ Is that what's causing the problem? **

This will be a problem for capabilities without changing two lines of code. I can send those to you or can do them for you.

Thanks so much for any help - I'm so close to implementing this, but I've fallen at the final hurdle! I'll keep looking, but I've tried everything :(

If you'd like to send me a PM with a temporary WP admin account, XF admin account, FTP account then I can set things up for you. You'd want them to be temporary so that they can be deleted after everything is working.

Thanks LPH. PHP is version 5.4.28. As far as Apache... it just says "Apache". I'll PM you the details.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
@sitwi - Done. They are now changed on your site.

You bring up a good point, though. These should be variables for the webmaster to complete.

I see that. Thank you!

Two other issues - I'm not sure whether this is just something I'm missing, or misunderstanding.

The Wordpress admin bar disappears now when I view my site. In addition, I don't seems to be able to edit any Wordpress posts, even from within the WP admin dashboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks again :)

The WordPress toolbar should show. Can you look at this article and check your theme to see if it has something in a functions.php to stop it from showing?

If you are not able to edit posts then make sure that the xenforo account has the secondary usergroup set to either author, editor, or administrator.

This video shows setting up Contributor but would be similar for author, editor, administrator ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've sorted them both... by accident!

I was trying it out on the standard Twenty Fourteen theme (fruitless) and then back in my usual theme.

I've no idea why this works, but I can now edit posts, and I have my admin bar back . :confused:

Reactions: LPH
LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

New Widgets and New Environments Supported

XenWord 1.0.4.01 contains numerous fixes for environments outside ones previously tested. XenWord is now confirmed to work with NGINX 1.7, MariaDB, and SSL.

Next, anyone who changes the WordPress database prefix can use this plugin with a few changes.

For fun, two new widgets are included with this release. These two widgets are for XenReviews.

The key files changed for this release were:
  • Login widget
  • xenword-users.php
  • xenword-toolbar.php
Some XenWord owners have...

Read the rest of this update entry...

XenWord 1.0.5.01 is in the Kitchen

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This version adds options for thread creation texts.
  • Discuss in our community
  • Submitted a blog post
  • Continue reading the original blog post

This version is available for download for holders of the developer license.

Reactions: wdb
Top Bottom