XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Thank you for the purchase. Your account is setup now for the download. @vexx - his site is really sweet!

The relative path would be the same regardless (../forums) and so I can't foresee any problems. Let's see what happens and if something needs to be modified then we'll try to make changes to suit things.

Thanks LPH. Install went smoothly. I'm wondering though, is there a way to wrap my wordpress header.php above my xenforo installation (much like TESO Elite)? I don't mean just using HTML/CSS to mimic it, but actually using wordpress' theme header.php because I have dynamic content in there.

Also, my domain.com/wp-admin now redirects me to domain.com/forums/admin.php? How do I get to my wordpress admin cp? Edit: Resolved itself somehow.

Edit: Lastly, I need the Xenforo user topnav bar to display everywhere on the site. What documentation is there for this feature?

Last edited:
Thanks LPH. Install went smoothly. I'm wondering though, is there a way to wrap my wordpress header.php above my xenforo installation (much like TESO Elite)? I don't mean just using HTML/CSS to mimic it, but actually using wordpress' theme header.php because I have dynamic content in there.

I've never come across a means for a dynamic header. Without trying it, there might be a way to create a header using a template inside XenForo which calls a file. I spent time on something like this a while back but don't have the link. I'll look around. Usually it's best to spend time in a XenForo template - header and navigation.

Also, my domain.com/wp-admin now redirects me to domain.com/forums/admin.php? How do I get to my wordpress admin cp? Edit: Resolved itself somehow.

Phew :)

[quoteEdit: Lastly, I need the Xenforo user topnav bar to display everywhere on the site. What documentation is there for this feature?[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the same as above? Combine what you are wanting into one navigation system - and call it from WordPress and from XenForo. Again - I haven't tried any specifics lately. Theming is such an art - my hats off to theme developers.

This might help:
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...rectly-from-template.47825/page-2#post-566965

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-callback-tag.62124/

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll check out that callback tag which seems like a nice feature. More urgently though, I'm having trouble uploading media in Wordpress now. This is a fresh install of wordpress with no content or other plugins. Whenever I upload media with multi-file-upload it gets stuck on crunching. When I switch to the older single file upload, it redirects me to the forum home, and no media has been added. I can deal with one of the uploader types not working, but both?

jIxYkon.png

Edit: And another thing. Every time I try to edit the default "Hello World" or "Sample Page" in wordpress, it just redirects me to the forum home. This seems to be a common theme...

Edit: Additionally, I created another Super Administrator in Xenforo, and when trying to log into /wp-admin I get the following error "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." Aren't user permissions supposed to be linked?

Edit: Also, please let me know if this is the proper place to seek answers or if you prefer your xenword.com support forum.

Last edited:
This place is fine - it helps others.

First, have you logged out of your WordPress account and made sure that you are using the XenForo admin account?

Logout
Clear Cookies
Go to /wp-admin and it should redirect you to the /forums/login
Login with XF admin
It should take you to /wp-admin

This place is fine - it helps others.

First, have you logged out of your WordPress account and made sure that you are using the XenForo admin account?

Logout
Clear Cookies
Go to /wp-admin and it should redirect you to the /forums/login
Login with XF admin
It should take you to /wp-admin

Followed the steps exactly, several times, in different browsers, private/incognito mode too. No luck. I can't add media.

Edit: Also, my Wordpress admin navbar is nowhere to be found on the wordpress pages/posts (frontend view).

Last edited:
Followed the steps exactly, several times, in different browsers, private/incognito mode too. No luck. I can't add media.

Edit: Also, my Wordpress admin navbar is nowhere to be found on the wordpress pages/posts (frontend view).

This reads like you don't have the settings proper. Can you PM a temporary admin account for XenForo and WordPress so I can go into the site and look?

As an aside - I was intrigued about using the xen:callback method. Sure enough. It works pulling the header into the forum ... cool stuff

See sohelp.me/community to see WP header pulled into XenForo.

I'll keep testing (um, playing).

Two items of interest tonight then off to bed for some rest.

Item One: New Widget

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 10.21.20 PM.webp

Item Two: Dynamic Header from WordPress called by XenForo header template. I will write up directions later and may include files with next version of XenWord.

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 10.30.02 PM.webp

Two items of interest tonight then off to bed for some rest.

Item One: New Widget
Item Two: Dynamic Header from WordPress called by XenForo header template. I will write up directions later and may include files with next version of XenWord.

You're amazing!

Tonight's work was a little slow because my knowledge of sql inner join is very weak. So, the online users widget works but the sql needs work. In particular, the database prefix is hard coded and adding the comma is an issue - with an extra comma added at the end of the series. I'll tinker more tomorrow. Here's a screenshot of the work.

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 9.12.32 PM.webp

Update: Both problems solved. XenForo devs hardcoded xf_ and so the initial code was fine. Also figured out how to get rid of the last comma. Now it's time to test and maybe release some code to developer license holders tonight.

Last edited:
LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Focus on Widgets

XenWord 1.0.2 is now available for download. Follow the link in your "Purchased Download" found in the upper right hand corner of XenWord.com.

This release expands the widget offerings.

New Widgets
Release 1.0.2 provides several new widgets. Included in the download are widgets for online members, popular posts, latest posts, and latest resources. The online members widget currently shows the number of members active in the forums and the roles of WordPress members....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi!

What Wordpress plugins are supported?

Hi :)

There are thousands of WordPress plugins available in the repository so I've never bothered to compile a list of which ones people are using with this plugin. Actually, it's hard to do this because some admins change plugins often. Plus, I don't test plugins until someone asks....

Does "Motor Racing League" and "Really Simple Guest Post" Plugins works with XenWord?

I've never heard of either plugin but am willing to tinker with them tonight and let you know. It would be helpful if you post a link to make sure we are discussing the same two plugins.

PS. Sorry for the slow response. This is testing month at our high school. This disrupts the days as kids worry about CSTs, Common Core exams, and AP exams.

At the moment this WordPress widget is without options. I'll try to add options tomorrow - or maybe I should do my taxes first :)

Anyway, here is a look at the idea.

Screen Shot 2014-04-12 at 9.16.47 PM.webp

I didn't release 1.0.3.01 on Sunday because the new online user widget code wasn't working. New options need to be added to a new widget, too. Regardless, I will upload the latest code to the developer accounts tonight.

Here is a screenshot giving a little peak regarding the 1.0.3 feature focus:

Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 5.38.58 PM.webp

Here is a short video showing the login widget, which I started coding in June 2013 and is still incomplete. The video also shows several other widgets.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PS. Sorry about my voice. I have a terrible cold.

Just a quick note -

WordPress 3.9 ("Smith") dropped two hours ago and may have automatically updated your software on your server. There should not be any issues with XenWord. If you have a problem then please deactivate the plugin and reactivate. Do not run the uninstall. The uninstall removes all the thread_id information.

As always, feel free to contact me if you run into any trouble.

Top Bottom