XenWord Pro [Deleted]

The "PATH_CURRENT_SITE" value was "/team/" as you can see, i had no idea how it got there, perhaps it was set like that during some earlier development. ANyways i changed that to "/" and now dashboard works.

Great news. Thank you for letting me know. RLL and I are going to be working more on the Comments.php file. I worked on it today but it needs to be cleaned up.

With this plugin can Wordpress users log into my XenForo board?

If a user's password changes on Wordpress will it change on XenForo? Vice versa?

With this plugin can Wordpress users log into my XenForo board?

This plugin is designed so that XenForo becomes the master user table. There is an option to have XenForo member information copied to the WordPress table. The XenForo member login will log the user into the WordPress side of the website.

If a user's password changes on Wordpress will it change on XenForo? Vice versa?

No, a random password is generated at the time the member information is copied to WordPress. Passwords are not synchronized. I believe both use different encryptions.

Hi, sorry to be back with the issue, but today when i tried to login the wordpress dashboard, its redirecting me to homepage. The same issue i had one week ago. Been trying to change all sort of settings, but no luck. If i give you the admin login, can you take a look.

Code:
PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method Counts::getCommentNumbersFromCache() should not be called statically in /home/alphateam/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xenword-3.0.2.04/XenForo/library/XenWord/Comments/counts.php on line 100

Before i purchase - a quick question.

I have 2 xenforo on different domains (im planning on merging them) how would a installation work with a perfectly running xenforo? would users be able to login etc on the WP site or only new users?

I have 2 xenforo on different domains

WordPress and XenForo must be on the same physical drive as well as using the same domain names.

would users be able to login etc on the WP site or only new users?

The easiest explanation is that XenForo becomes the master. XenForo members log into the site and gain access to WordPress. WordPress login is redirected to XenForo.

OK, now everything is installed and after i put in the path and activated the php thingy - the WP now only has the dashboard - nothing more below (plugin pages, etc etc) any idea why?

OK, now everything is installed and after i put in the path and activated the php thingy - the WP now only has the dashboard - nothing more below (plugin pages, etc etc) any idea why?

Please go to xenword.com, support forums, and post details there. Without details, it's just me guessing. When you create the thread, key information is set for you to add. Please do not add sensitive information to your post.

Today is "back to school" day at our high school. I'm obligated to be there until 9 pm tonight. This is 15 hours from now. In the meantime, consider the WP theme, another plugin, etc.

This link will take you to some articles: http://www.tuxreports.com/community/xenword/

WordPress and XenForo must be on the same domain. Subdomain installations work.
Is this still the case? Searched this thread, but couldn't find a definitive answer.
XF and WP are on the same server, but different domains in http config.

Is this still the case? Searched this thread, but couldn't find a definitive answer.
XF and WP are on the same server, but different domains in http config.

This will always be the case. This bridge uses cookie authentication, therefore the domains must be the same (including www versus non-www).

Really interested in this; I have a few questions:
  • Is it possible to use the plugin without bridging user accounts, to just use the thread-creation-on-new-WordPress-post feature?
  • How are WordPress and XenForo accounts merged? For example, if a user has the same username and email address in separate WP/XF accounts, and I activate this plugin with default settings, what happens?
  • I noticed this is compatible with WooCommerce. If an XF user has a WP account they used to purchase things from my WooCommerce store, will they be able to review their old account information and purchases? How are new WooCommerce customers handled? Are they required to be signed into an XF account before they can make a purchase?
  • Does the comment count for the WP post reflect the number of replies its corresponding thread has? What happens if this thread is merged with another?
  • Are the XenForo replies copied over as comments in the WordPress database? If so, how are edits/deletes/BBcode handled?
  • What are the long-term plans for this plugin? It's obviously managing a critical part of our site's infrastructure, so I'm curious what your thoughts are on where this might be in 5 or even 10 years from now. I have been burned in the past by abandoned plugins, so it's something I'm quite wary of now.

Top Bottom