XenWord Pro [Deleted]

are there other XF/WP bridges?

There are numerous other bridges. This one was first released in January 2014. You may PM me your email address and possible usernames and I'll look on the tuxreports.com website to see if there is an account.

There are numerous other bridges. This one was first released in January 2014. You may PM me your email address and possible usernames and I'll look on the tuxreports.com website to see if there is an account.

Nevermind, found it in my email. Was the one from XenScripts which seems to be long abandonded :-/

I'll be checking this one out soon as I'm ready to add wordpress to my site.

Thanks for your time anyway.

Reactions: LPH
LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Canonical Links in Widgets, Master On/Off For Displaying Comments

( 109 ) Alpha Release 3.0.4.02 – April 16, 2016

Tested with WordPress 4.5, XenForo 1.5.7.
get_comments_number filtered to thread reply_count
Bug Fix: Master On/Off Switch for comments stops loading of all comment files
Bug Fix: Discussion Link, reply count option
Author_Link class now uses $thread array to build link
Added alt tags to Discussion link
Changed Comment Author URL code in Display.php to use array to build link
Changed Latest member link in dashboard widget to canonical
Changed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

WordPress comments and XenForo replies are finally tied together. It was a simple change that escaped me until today. After weeks of trying different ways, someone explained wp_new_comment was triggering the preprocess_comment and comment_post hook. This meant the wp_new_comment was replaced with wp_insert_comment and the feature works.

The following video shows setting up XenWord from the start of a new WordPress installation to demonstrating a live update feature by activating the WordPress plugin wpDiscuz which enhances the default WordPress comment system.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 7.09.18 PM.webp

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if this supports the following setup:
domain.com (on WPEngine.com)
subdomain.domain.com (on a different, dedicated server)

Did a search and found some old questions back in 2014 - wondered if this was any different now.

TIA

Does anyone know if this supports the following setup:
domain.com (on WPEngine.com)
subdomain.domain.com (on a different, dedicated server)
No, as per first dot point requirements on overview tab XF and WP must be on the same drive.

Reactions: LPH
LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Second Beta with Important Bug Fix

( 110 ) Beta Release 3.0.5.02 - April 27, 2016
Bug Fix: Comment duplication

( 110 ) Beta Release 3.0.5.01 - April 23, 2016
New Feature: XenForo replies now write to the WordPress _comments and commentmeta tables
Add comment_author_url, email, and comment_type in commentdata array for wp_insert_comment
Bug Fix: comment_parent for quoted WP comments - only for newer comments
Bug Fix: Featured image option chosen but no thumbnail
Code change: alt tags are not to be used in anchor tags....

Read the rest of this update entry...

@LPH - to confirm, can I have WordPress as the homepage and XF in the /forums directory?

@The Dark Wizard - do we have everything I need for this to work correctly? There was some hosting terms I wasn't familiar with in the initial post and item description.

thanks.

Hi,

I currently run a forum based on Xenforo software. Now for the last months I have been looking how I can integrate classified ads functionality into the current site. I know there is a Xenforo Add-on which does this but I have found a better solution which is based on Wordpress.

My understanding is that this add-on would be a perfect fit for me. My current site is siteabc.com and my classified ads site would be marketplace.siteabc.com. That would work, right?

What I would like to do then is to use the Xenforo user database for login to the Wordpress site. I don't need to replicate any user information from the Xenforo user database? It will read directly from that database source?

Do I need to set up user group permission in the Wordpress site?

Users that land on the Wordpress site (which are not already members) must first register on my forum site?

I read something that it's important to have matching user IDs in the Wordpress database, maybe that's just relevant if you replicate the user information to its own database?

That would work, right?

Yes. It would require setting up cookies properly in the library/config file.

I don't need to replicate any user information from the Xenforo user database?

You may choose to write the users over from XenForo into the WordPress database.

Do I need to set up user group permission in the Wordpress site?

There is an advanced user mapping in XenWord that allows the site developer to match an XF secondary usergroup to a WP role. This is the preferred method.

Users that land on the Wordpress site (which are not already members) must first register on my forum site?

A login widget is included. This should be placed on the WP sidebar for easy access.

I read something that it's important to have matching user IDs in the Wordpress database, maybe that's just relevant if you replicate the user information to its own database?

Yes. This is vital.

http://www.tuxreports.com/community/resources/howto-align-wordpress-and-xenforo-admins.37/

Hope this helps.

Hi,
Is XenWord works with wordpress network? Wordpress network is this:

public_html
subdomain1
subdomain2
subdomain3
subdomain4
subdomain5
[wp files from main wp (wp content includes,index etc)]

Wordpress network have only 1 database and forum would be public_html/forum

Is XenWord works with wordpress network?

The script was designed for a network installation when I first started but haven't used it with the latest versions. You'd want to test first. Sorry but it should work but ....

Question:

Does this allow attachment of existing WordPress posts to existing Xenforo threads and the subsequent automatic importing of the comments in those threads to the WordPress post?

Example: I have this post in WordPress, but the comments for the original work in Xenforo are held in this thread. If I install this add-on, can or will the comments from the thread be imported into the WordPress post? If so, would the importing process have to be done manually for each post in WordPress for which there are comments in a sister Xenforo thread?

Thanks.

Top Bottom