XenSSO - XenForo Single Sign On [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a user registers at Slave A, then they will not have access to Slave B unless they login to the Master?

That's what I'm seeing based upon the test site and my sites. Can you confirm?

If a user registers at Slave A, then they will not have access to Slave B unless they login to the Master?

That's what I'm seeing based upon the test site and my sites. Can you confirm?

No, when a user registers on a slave it should auto sync to the master. If this is not the case for you please create a bug report on the support site.

Hello Nathan, hope you are good.

Firstly, this looks like a brilliant add-on so congratulations on an amazing product.

I read through the entire 10 pages to see if my question was answered, before buying this. Here is our scenario:

1. We have one site with over 8K+ members which will be our master.
2. We have a smaller forum with about 3K members which we now want to connect with our main site. This will be our slave.

I understand that if a user registers on the slave, an account for his is automatically created on the master, but if he registers on the master, his account is not created on the slave until he logs in. I have a few questions,

1. A user registers on the Master and then clicks on the link to visit the slave site. He arrives on the slave site. What does he have to do now? Does he have to manually type in his username / password (from the Master site) and click on Login for the account to be automatically created on the slave and him to be logged in?

If yes, is there a way that instead of asking him to enter the username / password, there would be a single link "New Users Click here to Login With your Master Account", clicking which his account automatically gets created on the slave and he is logged in (by picking the credentials from the browser session).?

2. A user registers on the slave, automatically creating his account at master. He is now logged in the slave site. Is he also logged into the Master site (even though he has never visited the Master site)?

If NO, then when he clicks on the link to the slave site, is he auto logged in? Or does he have to provide his Master Site login credentials at the Slave site and click on Login?

Thanks for your time...

Ok one more thing to clarify. I understand that before syncing if a user has different usernames but same email address across both sites, XenSSO will still be able to sync them and work just fine. Am I right?

But if there are two users with different email addresses but same username on the two sites, there will be a clash on sync, right?

A user registers on the Master and then clicks on the link to visit the slave site. He arrives on the slave site. What does he have to do now? Does he have to manually type in his username / password (from the Master site) and click on Login for the account to be automatically created on the slave and him to be logged in?
Yes, the first time upon logging into the slave. Their name is already reserved at the master. When they login the first time at the slave, it will grab their profile details and register them at the slave.

If yes, is there a way that instead of asking him to enter the username / password, there would be a single link "New Users Click here to Login With your Master Account", clicking which his account automatically gets created on the slave and he is logged in (by picking the credentials from the browser session).?
Again, it does this automatically when they login for the first time. They don't register, they just login. Everything is controlled at the master.

A user registers on the slave, automatically creating his account at master. He is now logged in the slave site. Is he also logged into the Master site (even though he has never visited the Master site)?
He will if visiting the master, yes... because the account has been created there. Don't confuse sessions with the site in front of you, with what goes on behind the scenes. Each site acts independently... it is only the initial registration and login at each slave, if several, where it communicates.

You can login / logout of each site uniquely, without affecting the other site/s.

Ok one more thing to clarify. I understand that before syncing if a user has different usernames but same email address across both sites, XenSSO will still be able to sync them and work just fine. Am I right?

But if there are two users with different email addresses but same username on the two sites, there will be a clash on sync, right?
Correct.

Initial users who have different usernames across network sites, only need ensure their email is identical. Both names will then become reserved to that account. They will still keep their unique usernames on each site. It is only new registrations that the system will reserve them based on their email.

When you have two different users using the same username, one must change their username.[/quote]

Thanks Anthony. Everything is perfect. The only thing I would suggest is perhaps instead of asking users to login to the slave site to create his account, just show him a button or text link, clicking which the slave registration + login process could auomatically happen. Saves on the user having to type his username and password.

Thanks Anthony. Everything is perfect. The only thing I would suggest is perhaps instead of asking users to login to the slave site to create his account, just show him a button or text link, clicking which the slave registration + login process could auomatically happen. Saves on the user having to type his username and password.

Users actually are logged in automatically when they login at one site, but it only does this once per session so as to avoid them being logged in automatically even when they specifically logged out.

Users actually are logged in automatically when they login at one site, but it only does this once per session so as to avoid them being logged in automatically even when they specifically logged out.

Sounds good Nathan. Always great to meet people whose work demonstrate quality, and this one does. Two thumbs up!(y)

How does this mod handle user deletion? If I delete a user from one website, does it delete it from the other website?

How does it handle account changes? If a user changes account info on one, does it change on the others? What about changes in passwords and emails? Hell, what about if someone changes their username? Will it propogate?

Each site is handled individually. The master is just that, the master. You can be registered at the master, but not at a slave. To be registered at a slave, you will be registered at the master. Saying that, you can be banned at the master yet active at the slave. If you delete a user at the master, then when they login at the slave it will just register them again at the master. Every user must have a master account for login to verify against. Hence banning doesn't affect slaves.

Changes are per domain. The only thing that must be equal across all sites from the user is their email. They have different passwords, usernames, etc... the email must be the same for them to use the SSO function for their account. Hence, username changes have no affect on SSO functionality between sites. All email address controlled.

Reactions: Bob
Okay, so the ONLY thing that propagates are email changes? Any possible way to make it so that username and password changes also propagate?

Okay, so the ONLY thing that propagates are email changes? Any possible way to make it so that username and password changes also propagate?

Nothing propagates past the initial sync. It's a single sign on solution; it does not centralize profiles.

Nothing propagates past the initial sync. It's a single sign on solution; it does not centralize profiles.
So then if someone changes their email address on one forum, it doesn't change on the others?

Then what exactly is the purpose of this mod?

So then if someone changes their email address on one forum, it doesn't change on the others?

Then what exactly is the purpose of this mod?

To have automatic authentication across your sites. If a user wants to use different logins on different sites that's up to them; but then he obviously can't utilize the SSO functionality.

First thanks you for this great add-on.

But I wanted to know few things before buying it :
  1. I tried it on the test forums. I registered and login on master, then logged in on the slave : http://screencloud.net/v/BcmD => is it a bug because of the forum or your addon ?
  2. What is the main purpose of that addon ?
  3. With a big board, I want to make a new xenforo on a new theme. Is it a good idea to make the big board as a master, and the new one as a slave, what are the advantages of doing this ?
Regards.

To have automatic authentication across your sites. If a user wants to use different logins on different sites that's up to them; but then he obviously can't utilize the SSO functionality.
I'm thinking about biting this addon. However, I was wondering if its possible to integrate an already established database of two sites into one, is this possible?

The current bridges for Wordpress to xenForo aren't the best at the moment. I was hoping an integration where Wordpress / xenForo could act as a Master / Slave and have each other's databases updated when a new user registers. Are you planning on making something of this sort in the near future?

Sorry guys, I was not receiving notifications from this thread anymore for some reason.

First thanks you for this great add-on.

But I wanted to know few things before buying it :
  1. I tried it on the test forums. I registered and login on master, then logged in on the slave : http://screencloud.net/v/BcmD => is it a bug because of the forum or your addon ?
  2. What is the main purpose of that addon ?
  3. With a big board, I want to make a new xenforo on a new theme. Is it a good idea to make the big board as a master, and the new one as a slave, what are the advantages of doing this ?
Regards.

1. Link not working. The test forums are not really maintained so something might be amiss there. The addon is installed by about 30 people with no known bugs, so not to worry.
2. To provide single sign on across XF boards? Sorry I thought that was pretty obvious ;) Maybe I'm miss-understanding your question?
3. Depends on your preference, making it master adds extra load but it also means your big board has a larger member count as it gets all the accounts of all your sites, whereas the slaves only get the ones that they need (ie. they work on-demand).

I'm thinking about biting this addon. However, I was wondering if its possible to integrate an already established database of two sites into one, is this possible?

Depends on what you mean by "integrate", if you mean have users be able to login on both sites with one login then yes. This is just a single sign on implementation, nothing else.

The current bridges for Wordpress to xenForo aren't the best at the moment. I was hoping an integration where Wordpress / xenForo could act as a Master / Slave and have each other's databases updated when a new user registers. Are you planning on making something of this sort in the near future?

It is planned but put on hold until either sales pick up or the XenForo devs make an announcement explaining their inactivity and plans for the future (this goes for all my XF projects).

It is planned but put on hold until either sales pick up

How is that really fair to everyone that invested $60.00 in this mod for all the great features promised in 2.0? Things promised in 2.0 was the only reason I purchased this. I really feel scammed by buying this as it as been almost a year an nothing that was stated to be coming within a few months still is not out. I really feel a refund should be considered if your not going to add the features you advertised planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom