XenSocialize Pro [Paid] [Deleted]

My problem, other than not being notified of the update, is that, after installation and setup (and I still have concerns over the Facebook area), I'm seeing new threads being repeated 3 or 4 times. After disabling this plug-in, the problem doesn't recur.

My problem, other than not being notified of the update, is that, after installation and setup (and I still have concerns over the Facebook area), I'm seeing new threads being repeated 3 or 4 times. After disabling this plug-in, the problem doesn't recur.

This could be due to the fact that when the error shows, the user's post is submitted but it remains on the the "submit" screen.
So someone may be submitting multiple times.

This could be due to the fact that when the error shows, the user's post is submitted but it remains on the the "submit" screen.
So someone may be submitting multiple times.
Yes, but it started AFTER this add-on was installed, and STOPPED when it was disabled.

Does this addon provide an option to delay the posting? I'm asking this because we often edit thread titles on our site and I would prefer to let my moderators a couple of hours before the topic goes off on Twitter.
Sorry, not at this moment...
You know what, even the FB token is not getting auto populated in the ACP Options?
Are you being redirected to the index page? If not then please check that the API key and the secret are correct and the App's domain coincides with the the Board's Site URL...
Please do share your concerns with us, I'll try my best to accommodate you :)
and about posting 3-4 times, I am looking into it...
I too am still having the Token error.
I was able to obtain an API key - no problem...

I'll keep checking on it.
Didn't get you mate...

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Just a thought and i may be incorrect:

If there is so much problem for the access token, why don't we use the getAccessToken function of the default Xenforo software (\library\XenForo\Helper\Facebook.php)(i've also attached the file for ready reference). I propose this primarily because the Xenforo's default Facebook integration works flawless. I think if this can be done, other part of the add-on will also be smooth, like post and all.

CURL method does not work well and have problems when the hosted server is already secured (SSL https://).

Please excuse me if I sound crazy :( I'm desperately trying to find ways to enable this add-on for my site.

Attachments

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Just a thought and i may be incorrect:

If there is so much problem for the access token, why don't we use the getAccessToken function of the default Xenforo software (\library\XenForo\Helper\Facebook.php)(i've also attached the file for ready reference). I propose this primarily because the Xenforo's default Facebook integration works flawless. I think if this can be done, other part of the add-on will also be smooth, like post and all.

CURL method does not work well and have problems when the hosted server is already secured (SSL https://).

Please excuse me if I sound crazy :( I'm desperately trying to find ways to enable this add-on for my site.
Good point... I am working on a 'workaround' :)

Status Update:
I am completely re-writing the Twitter, Bitly and Facebook classes.

Both the Facebook and Bitly classes are complete and working perfectly. I've removed CURL functions and using Zend's HTTP Helper class :)

Mr. Goodie2Shoes updated XenSocialize Pro with a new update entry:

Fixed Major issues, Re-written FB and Bit.ly classes

Changelog
  • Facebook and Bit.ly classes are now integrated with Zend's HTTP Helper which will remove any kind of issue with cURL.

Please Note:
Remove everything from the /library/xenCODE/Socialize directory then re-upload everything, as there are about 10 obsolete files.

It will be better if you uninstall the existing version first and install the newer version, note that you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Notice:
New features added, and will publish tomorrow afternoon my time (GMT +6):
  • You can now control who's thread will be posted on Twitter/Facebook :D
  • You can now enable adding the name of the thread owner in the update.
  • You can now add preface text to your tweet, meaning you can now add hashtags :D suggestion by Coop1979
and Gopala Subramanium, can you confirm that the latest update is working for you?

Awesome, thanks for considering my post :) Now FB/Bitly piece is working absolutely fine. However I'm not sure of Twitter, i tried a post, FB/Bitly got the post immediately but could not see post in twitter even after 30 minutes.

Commendable job I must say (y) ...and by now you would have got irritated by my messages :confused:

Awesome, thanks for considering my post :) Now FB/Bitly piece is working absolutely fine. However I'm not sure of Twitter, i tried a post, FB/Bitly got the post immediately but could not see post in twitter even after 30 minutes.

Commendable job I must say (y) ...and by now you would have got irritated by my messages :confused:
ah lol no... I thought you were getting irritated because of all this issues :p
Hopefully, I'll edit the Twitter class so that it can work smoothly with Zend then all the issues might be gone :)

Hello Gene Steinberg, can you confirm that your issue has been resolved?

So far, my posts have posted to Twitter and FaceBook including the bit.ly...

I will report back if I see any "expired" token issues.

Question...

I saw you mention previously there was a cron job for the token...
Do we make this manually? I didn't see it in the cron job list.

Top Bottom