XenSocialize Pro [Paid] [Deleted]

I am using this mod on my site and everything is working as expected. Few issues getting it set up.
One note: When selecting the FaceBook Extended Properties - be sure to select the addtional areas the author indicated in his instructions.

Question....
Does anyone know how to "post as"? I would rather have my posts submitted to my page as the "page" rather than me.
If I switch within FaceBook to "use FaceBook as" I can no longer build apps nor select my page app when builting the API.

For those using FeedBurner... This is what you need to keep the code on your site and reduce the polling time from 30mins to instant.

Question....
Does anyone know how to "post as"? I would rather have my posts submitted to my page as the "page" rather than me.
If I switch within FaceBook to "use FaceBook as" I can no longer build apps nor select my page app when builting the API.
Last time I tested the add-on the app posted the status AS the page:
qv3z1.png

damn, these APIs are confusing! :X3:

Last time I tested the add-on the app posted the status AS the page:
qv3z1.png

damn, these APIs are confusing! :X3:

Cool I will try...

I USED to have an actual account to make these posts - but FaceBook has since deleted those account quoting their terms as stating you "must be a real person" - Company accounts are not allowed.

So...

I recreated all my apps (FaceBook Connect, etc....) with my normal FaceBook account - including my pages...
Now when I log into FaceBook - I can "use as" and Change my poster from within FaceBook - but...

If I switch my user and enter the area to get the token (second step in the FaceBook instructions) - my Page App is not selectable.

If I switch my user and try to recreate the actuall App (first step in the FaceBook instructions) - FaceBook says, "you must be a real person to create apps - please switch back - etc...)
So...

Does the "GET" option on the page where you get the tokin have anything to do with the poster? I was able to enter my Page Account there and change the user displayed - I just don't know if that has any impact on who actually posts...

You actually don't need to switch accounts... login with your regular account, get an access token with the mentioned privileges and note it down. I would've mentioned it in the documentation if you needed to switch accounts ;)

You actually don't need to switch accounts... login with your regular account, get an access token with the mentioned privileges and note it down. I would've mentioned it in the documentation if you needed to switch accounts ;)

Ah I see... I think I got confused because I used the same avatar on FaceBook as I use on my website. The posting has nothing to do with your FaceBook account account at all.
It simply submits the post and link and uses the avatar from the XF site.

Got it - my mistake!

Ah I see... I think I got confused because I used the same avatar on FaceBook as I use on my website. The posting has nothing to do with your FaceBook account account at all.
It simply submits the post and link and uses the avatar from the XF site.

Got it - my mistake!
no worries! ;)

Just trying the Twitter app for now, will attempt Facebook later. I'm getting the same error as posted above, minus the Xentag reference as I don't have that plug-in.

I wonder if it's to do with the way I've configured Twitter - although I did set up to read and write, contrary to what the error message suggests.

Any ideas please?

The following error occurred:

Read-only application cannot POST
  1. xenCODE_Socialize_Stuff_Twitter->doCall() in xenCODE/Socialize/Stuff/Twitter.php at line 471
  2. xenCODE_Socialize_Stuff_Twitter->statusesUpdate() in xenCODE/Socialize/DataWriter/Threads.php at line 31
  3. xenCODE_Socialize_DataWriter_Threads->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 490
  4. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /homepages/20/d204998416/htdocs/xenforo/index.php at line 13

Just trying the Twitter app for now, will attempt Facebook later. I'm getting the same error as posted above, minus the Xentag reference as I don't have that plug-in.

I wonder if it's to do with the way I've configured Twitter - although I did set up to read and write, contrary to what the error message suggests.

Any ideas please?

You need to set the Application's access to "read and write" instead of just 'read' ;)
Refer to the "Configuring Twitter App" in the documentation for more info: http://www.gfncoders.com/topic/7-xensocialize-pro-documentation/

Thanks for such a quick reply. Like I said though, I did update the setting to read and write, but still get this message.

This is an existing Twitter app - should I start a brand new one for this add-on?

Thanks! :)

Thanks for such a quick reply. Like I said though, I did update the setting to read and write, but still get this message.

This is an existing Twitter app - should I start a brand new one for this add-on?

Thanks! :)
Try resetting the OAuth Access Token and Secret...

Top Bottom