1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenSocialize by xenCODE [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Mr. Goodie2Shoes, May 28, 2012.

1. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

XenSocialize by xenCODE (version 1.0.0 Beta) - Grow your community by social marketing... now supports Twitter

Read more about this resource...

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Hi Mr. Goodie2Shoes,

I may fall in love with you. Especially after Facebook and Google+ is added :)

My first question, and this is quite important for my site.

Is there a way for this to be restricted in such a way that it would only automatically post to Twitter new threads in a certain forum?

I would actually be wanting to use this as a way of automatically posting news stories and articles to Twitter so only two out of our 10+ forums.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes likes this.
  3. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

lol...
    well, I've already included an 'Excluded Forums' list in the ACP Options... you can just exclude the forums that you don't want to tweet ;)

Yorick likes this.
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Great work!

We already have Facebook linked to Twitter so I think I might wait until you support that. And if you can do it for Google+ that would be amazing. Do you have timescales for this?

5. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

I'll be giving my A Levels examination this November so I got little time to meddle with codes... and Google hasn't released any API yet, so I guess we have to wait...

6. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

Encountered an Error......:( Can u elaborate further on the pre-requisites.. Am guessing that could be the reason

7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Advise:

If this does become a paid modification, please keep in mind of us who can not use paypal. :(

Would be really good for those of us who can not use paypal.

Google Checkout
    Payza (once known as AlertPay)
    Amazon
    2 Checkout

Of course there is a wide range of possible alternatives. :)

8. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

This is not an error by the add-on... more info: https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/574

XenForo does not support anything else but Paypal... I will work on a solution.... :)

9. Rodrigo Farcas

Rodrigo Farcas Active Member

Congratulations for this. I will go premium to support your work once you release a version including Facebook :)

10. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Just a note.... when moving threads from one forum, to another forum, I get this:

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

12. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Actually, the resource manage here allows you to link off site for purchases. You could simply put a small html page up on your domain with order buttons on it. ;)

13. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

What I meant is that I'll be doing all my business from my new site: http://xen-seo.com (with the help from 8thos)... And will be using XenForo for everything...

14. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

15. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Ok... maybe I am wrong, or did something wrong...

With every "reply" to a thread, even ones DAYS old, tweets are going out.

Shouldn't this just been sending out a Tweet upon the first making of the thread? Or is an option I have overlooked?

16. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

We'll probably use Microcart.

17. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Just tested... no tweets sent...

18. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

is there a way to set it to tweet all posts and threads instead of just new threads?

19. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

no, I haven't actually thought about it because you might lose your followers because of 'spamming'...

20. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Roger that.........