XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Not sure when it started, but users are able to sign on wordpress and xenforo separately. If you sign in on xenforo directly, it won't log you in on wordpress, and the same for the other way around. This used to work perfectly, so not sure what changed. I'm running 1.1 (so wordpress tells me, but I know I've made minor tweaks based on the xenscripts forum).

I should note, we also made xenforo a subdomain a few months ago. Would that have any affect?

Double edit: used the Domain cookie suggestion on Page 14. Everything is working once again.

Last edited:
I already purchased the unbranded version of this but haven't installed it. One quick question though. Does this work where if you make a post in wordpress, it will also be visible (full post) on xenForo?

Already installed. But now the configuring part. What will I put in Relative path to XenForo? My xenforo forum is installed in httpdocs folder. Will I put /httpdocs as the relative path?

Specifically this part

Relative path to XenForo
Relative path to XenForo No trailing slash e.g. if Wordpress is in /wordpress and XenForo is in /xenforo you would enter '../xenforo' here
/xenforo, what's before this?

Where is the author of plugin ? No support anymore ?

I just want to buy this script with branding free option but i m looking the seller's online .

Hey XenScripts,

I have a forum that is on a completely different server. Thus the url is on a subdomain ( i.e. forum.domain.com ). Can your product still be used with that kind of architecture?

Thanks,
-Bill

I have a forum that is on a completely different server. Thus the url is on a subdomain ( i.e. forum.domain.com ). Can your product still be used with that kind of architecture?

No. This script uses a relative path between the WP install and the XF install.

This guy has written a fork of Comments Evolved For Wordpress that he claims works with any site.

http://labs.eustasy.org/

Can this be used/adapted to work with the bridge?

This is a limitation of Disqus and Google+ not actually being written to the WP comments. Instead Comments Evolved replaces the WP comments.

You might first tackle getting Disque and Google+ into WP Comments ... then you could integrate it with XenScripts. It would be a big job.

This is a limitation of Disqus and Google+ not actually being written to the WP comments. Instead Comments Evolved replaces the WP comments.

You might first tackle getting Disque and Google+ into WP Comments ... then you could integrate it with XenScripts. It would be a big job.

Yeah, it's probably not worth the hassle. We've tried both of the available Wordpress/Xenforo bridges available here and there are some serious disadvantages with both. I think we're just going to use Disqus directly for the Wordpress comments and forget about bridging. Disqus is fantastic for driving traffic, which offsets the downside of having separate logins for the forum.

Hello, we need for our existing wordpress users to be able to use their existing account to login to xenforo. Does the bridge allow this? I know it does the opposite. Thanks in advance, John

Does it appear that this plugin instantiates the Xenforo framework for its own uses? If so then it seems it would take up 2X the system? Thanks for any advice.

Quick question to those that know a fair amount about this plugin - @Digital Doctor and @LPH

I want to give an example and I'm hoping you can tell me if it will work.

EXAMPLE.

I have Website 1, which is for this example, wwww.demo1.com - This is my WP install.
I have Website 2, which is for example www.demo2.com - This is my Xenforo install.

Both websites are hosted on the same VPS. Can I make the bridge work across the two domains? I want demo2.com to be the forum site, but also control the Wordpress comments.

Hopefully you guys can help!

Cheers,

If everyone is asking the same question then there is something wrong. Isn't it?

The response from the add-on author and support over email is excellent and I am using the latest version. However any new user to this add-on (or even old users) will not get to know this.

The least that the author can do is mention that any support and download will be over mail only. It will also help to increment the add-on version to the latest release. That will make all the difference as nobody wants to invest in an add-on which has not been updated (as it seems from the add-on description) since over a year.

I am on the fence with purchasing this add-on for just this reason. I've already gotten screwed on our high traffic big board site due to an add-on that was well liked here in XF's resources (which our users had utilized on vB before we converted to XF), and the developer decided to drop support for it. So now we're left in the lurch with having to replace it, with yet more added cost.

Since I need to build sites with some kind of integration, from a business standpoint I cannot afford to buy into this add-on with such a poor display of support, and be left with a set of dead sites because there may not be updates in the future. Sorry, but the history here does not look good; I need this add-on for some important projects, but the risk is too high. And that prevents myself and others from ordering it.

Rudy email the developer and I am sure youll be a happy bridger too. Using this modification with a lot of success on our frontpage and users love it.

Agree that some form of support and information in this thread would be good (y)

Hi @LPH @Fighter1405

Have either you worked out a way of manually mapping existing users, this was probably the only issue preventing me from using the plugin?

Martin

Having tried implementing the bridge, the more i believe the user sync is essential for compatibility, so many plugins rely on the user data in WP, just changing the user_id in wp_user & wp_posts to match the id's in XF unfortunately does not resolve all compatibility issues, therefore the user user sync and a manual mapping for current WP users would be really useful,

This could probably be done on a separate settings page of the plugin where it reads the user name and users id from both the wp_user table and the xf_user and allows the user to override the automatic mapping of the user id's.

This data then could then be read to provide the mapping for synchronisation of the tables, references for all types of data (posts, customs fields, other) to correctly identify the user in either system. where the user is new on both XF & WP, a new user could be created in both DBs with synchronised ids say from ID 1000 onwards...

Just my thoughts but it would really help compatibility, if anyone knows how to technically implement the above it would be great if you could share your thoughts!

Agree that some form of support and information in this thread would be good (y)

Good? It should be required IMHO, or this resource removed from this site since it is no longer supported here. Based even on recent posts in this thread, some emails are replied to, others are not. I'm hosting over 1,000 online visitors a day on one of my forums, and it's a pretty big deal if XenForo is upgraded and the bridge isn't. My other projects depend even more heavily on WordPress, and we can't have a pivotal piece of it not work all of a sudden after an upgrade. And this is even worse if the product is abandoned. I need that assurance. Poking around the product's own forum, the developer has not even contributed there in awhile.

Sorry, I can't be as enthusiastic. I already got badly burned here from XenTrader being abandoned, and that add-on had more activity here in the Resources area. (Burned to the point where it completely knocked some of our forum sections offline due to errors in the script.) We are now having to scramble for an alternative that looks like it might have some support and longevity. It also soured me completely on using any non-paid add-on for any of my XF forums, and makes me question the add-on community here in general.

I am no longer following this thread.

Top Bottom