XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

XenScripts is working on WordPress 3.7 alpha and XenForo 1.2.0 without any code changes.

How do you proceed with this upgrade as I am also want to make the switch to 1.2 today.

Where do we get this 1.2.5 version and why is it not available here in the resource manager?

How do you proceed with this upgrade as I am also want to make the switch to 1.2 today.

XenScripts is a WordPress plugin. It's installed via FTP.

Personally, the following steps

Disable XenScripts in WP admin
Rename xf_integration folder in plugins directory, move to a different location on the site (outside plugins).
Upload new files
Enable new XenScripts
Test
Remove older xf files from the other location.

Where do we get this 1.2.5 version

Jamie is the author of this plugin and is the only one who distributes it. You may email him (bottom of xenscripts.com/buy page)

and why is it not available here in the resource manager?

Just look at the latest threads about WordPress and how the same people repetitively state that a "real" bridge needs to be developed. Now imagine being the developer of this script. How would you react?

To quote the XenForo terms page:

Please respect third-party resource authors and their contributions. Many resource authors release things for no charge and don’t owe you anything. Attacking them will simply lead to them not releasing things in the future to the detriment of everyone. Understand that resources are not made specifically to your specifications. If you are unhappy with a resource, we recommend you pay to commission a custom-developed resource to your specifications.

Quite bluntly, I almost stopped coming here after the repeated threads about needing a WP bridge were so prevalent this weekend. In my opinion, those threads should have been closed or merged with the dozen other ones. It's just insulting.

Wasnt insulting him or his plugin and it does the job very nicely for the last year on our website. I just want to upgrade my forums to v1.2 and the fact that we are still running on XS 1.1 and have no clue where to get the upgrade is stopping that.

Will shoot him an email.

Wasnt insulting him or his plugin and it does the job very nicely for the last year on our website. I just want to upgrade my forums to v1.2 and the fact that we are still running on XS 1.1 and have no clue where to get the upgrade is stopping that.

Will shoot him an email.

I wasn't meaning you.

Yes. An email to Jamie is the best way to get the latest releases.

No response yet. Will things break if i upgrade to v1.2 without this bridge update?

If you'd like for me to do the XenScripts upgrade then send me the ftp info, WP admin info, etc ... via PM.

Sorry. I did not see this yesterday.

Likely not, since I just posted the question today. :D

Yes. Manually. There is no promote button (yet).

That will be a helpful feature--can I add it to the suggestion box? There are times we might have an ongoing thread that could be featured on our WP home page (for example, something a member might start, as opposed to staff). I don't think it would be too difficult to accomplish: just a way to 1) insert the new post in WP and 2) connect it to the existing thread for comments. Sort of "reverse engineering", in other words...

@LPH can you answer my question if possible. Will stuff break when i upgrade the forums to 1.2?

I cant send out pm's with login details sorry.

@LPH can you answer my question if possible. Will stuff break when i upgrade the forums to 1.2?

I'm really not sure what will happen. My files do not match yours because of many changes I've made.

If you cannot give me the ftp details etc (which is understandable) then I'd wait for Jamie.

No sign from Jamie so I just took the gamble and guess what. Works fine on 1.2

Glad it is working. This may be the last sign of me too. I have not decided yet. But the other thread is just too much.

Top Bottom