XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

anybody has any idea how can I add the user login navbar (the details that appear after you've logged in) within WP? I want to show the same bar on both platforms so the users know when they are logged in and when not. Also, it would be nice if the bar has full functionality - alert pop-up..messages etc. I'm quite new on this plugin and I'm willing to pay if someone can help me with this :)
Great idea.
I think it's quite hard to do.
It's definitely never been done before.
There are similar threads on Xenscripts.com
There are more than a few people who want this.

This is custom coding and while Jamie says it is possible, I have yet to experiment. I have a developer working on the SSO for the multiple domains. Once that is complete (ETA, end of April) then I plan to work on the login bar. For now, we wait or find someone like Miner to get a WP theme with the XF alerts integrated....

uh..that's great to hear...care to give me a link to Miner's thread so I can stalk him around for updates? :P

:unsure: I am thinking to buy this script, sent the Jamie an email via the contact form on his website. I realise the support is a bit different :p i really need wordpress + Xenforo

So those who have the plugin, are you happy with it? Can you login via wordpress? and how do you display recent forum posts etc inside wordpress?

atm, me personally I didn't do any widgets for displaying latest forum threads. However, I fail doing that with the script, I can make a small php that displays a RSS feed and choose to display the latest y. SO basically, you can display on that widget the latest x forum posts. It's a bit rough, it won't have user avatars and all that :)

Also, I have a bit of a problem displayin the latest comments in my WP widget...but i'm making slow progress on that :)

overall, if you need WP +XF...this script will do just fine...it just needs some tweaks here and there..and while the support isn't all that great..Jamie will respond to you from time to time..and there are guys like Iph who can really help you with advices and tips

:unsure: I am thinking to buy this script, sent the Jamie an email via the contact form on his website. I realise the support is a bit different :p i really need wordpress + Xenforo

So those who have the plugin, are you happy with it? Can you login via wordpress? and how do you display recent forum posts etc inside wordpress?

Sorry, I missed your post.

Login is through XenForo and not WordPress.
There are several widgets for displaying XF posts in WP. This one is probably the best.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/wordpress-get-the-lastest-forum-posts.162/

It is also possible to write your own.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Is it possible to disable the “create XenForo threads for new WordPress posts and pages” feature? Basically, all I want is the ability for forum members to comment on my blog post without filling any info, display their XenForo avatars, and the name to be linked to the user's XenForo profile

Is it possible to disable the “create XenForo threads for new WordPress posts and pages” feature? Basically, all I want is the ability for forum members to comment on my blog post without filling any info, display their XenForo avatars, and the name to be linked to the user's XenForo profile

Uncheck Automatically create threads in XenForo for each new Wordpress post in wp-admin/options-general.php?page=xf-options

Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 8.05.26 PM.webp

Sorry, I missed your post.

Login is through XenForo and not WordPress.
There are several widgets for displaying XF posts in WP. This one is probably the best.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/wordpress-get-the-lastest-forum-posts.162/

It is also possible to write your own.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I was thinking to make a list of "bugs" and solutions as i go along. I made a new thread in Xenscripts site, because we can not make new threads in xenforo .. and it is difficult for people to process info in one very long thread : )

it is difficult for people to process info in one very long thread : )
I likey your thinking :)
That is 100% exactly the main problems with threads and therefore the collection of threads we call forums.
The RM is a "baby" step improvement in this weakness but so much more can and should be done.

I likey your thinking :)
That is 100% exactly the main problems with threads and therefore the collection of threads we call forums.
The RM is a "baby" step improvement in this weakness but so much more can and should be done.

XF should integrate a sort of Groups solution : ) - (Drupal has similar for each of their plugins) it would resolve this, plus a lot of XF users want Groups in their own installs! Ok now, lets stay on topic, us admins know better :p

Few more questions:
Does the add-on allow guest to post?
Does it work with latest version of WordPress (3.5.1)?
Is there any know WordPress plugins that will interfere with this add-on/does this add-on interfere with any WordPress plugins?

Yep, you can allow guests from WP..doesn't interfere with XF or any plugins. It works with the latest WP and about the conflicts, i didn't noticed any so far

Top Bottom