XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Guys you are better off using http://www.amember.com it has FULL integration between Wordpress and Xenforo and is well funded and supported. It's been around over 10 years and is a membership site script that can sync logins between many types of software. The only drawback is that it's expensive. If you want something that is guaranteed to work, it's worth paying for.

No thank you. I have used XenScripts for over a year and it is fine. IRT amember, besides not having comment support, multiple domain support is not provided.

Instead of distracting, let's stick to discussing XS in this thread. You are welcome to discuss amember in another thread.

Wish this plugin was moving forward. I purchased a few licenses, but it's not worth the trouble. I'd gladly pay a kings ransom (or up to $100) for a complete, yet flexible solution. Not saying this doesn't work, but it's not robust enough for me and this sort of integration needs to be regularly updated, supported.

Wish this plugin was moving forward. I purchased a few licenses, but it's not worth the trouble. I'd gladly pay a kings ransom (or up to $100) for a complete, yet flexible solution. Not saying this doesn't work, but it's not robust enough for me and this sort of integration needs to be regularly updated, supported.

What specific features are you wanting to be added?

If someone logs in via Wordpress, they should be logged into Xenforo. Make Wordpress the master not the slave. Wordpress is the front page of most sites not a forum. Forums are usually addons to a CMS. Many membership plugins make use of Wordpress userbase. When Xenforo is the master, then all these Wordpress plugins simply don't work. This script has it totally backwards. Many Wordpress sites want to add a forum to their ALREADY built sites. They can't use this script because it says Xenforo is in control and all the main Wordpress-based site and user base doesn't matter and can't be used. Site owners don't want to transfer their user base into Xenforo, they simply want to add a forum to their site. The script should be a two-way sync and allow login from either software into the other.

Guys you are better off using http://www.amember.com it has FULL integration between Wordpress and Xenforo and is well funded and supported. It's been around over 10 years and is a membership site script that can sync logins between many types of software. The only drawback is that it's expensive. If you want something that is guaranteed to work, it's worth paying for.

Does amember allow two way sync? I like and own this bridge, but the way it currently syncs the users isn't good for what I am trying to accomplish.

I bought the module last week-end. Installed it on WP last version and got an error everywhere i click in my Admin CP. Sent an email to support. Still waiting for the answer.

If someone logs in via Wordpress, they should be logged into Xenforo. Make Wordpress the master not the slave. Wordpress is the front page of most sites not a forum. Forums are usually addons to a CMS. Many membership plugins make use of Wordpress userbase. When Xenforo is the master, then all these Wordpress plugins simply don't work. This script has it totally backwards. Many Wordpress sites want to add a forum to their ALREADY built sites. They can't use this script because it says Xenforo is in control and all the main Wordpress-based site and user base doesn't matter and can't be used. Site owners don't want to transfer their user base into Xenforo, they simply want to add a forum to their site. The script should be a two-way sync and allow login from either software into the other.
I'd actually prefer a system that updates both databases, that way if needed I can separate the two in the future.

I'd actually prefer a system that updates both databases, that way if needed I can separate the two in the future.

Good point. I don't know of a solution that does this. But maybe a developer will comes up with a proper bridge.

Good point. I don't know of a solution that does this. But maybe a developer will comes up with a proper bridge.
As I've said else where, I'll pay $100 (or $200 if that's what it'll take) for a bridge that uses the XF registration system but adds the records to both databases. If the user edits their profile both databases are updated.

The main reason for wanting this is so that the wp plugins will work without issues.

This works with the latest version of both wordpress and xenforo correct?

Also I tried to buy it and your store is broken. Clicking add to cart just opens up a new blank window with a drop down box...and then it just stops. That's it. Looks like this....

Might want to fix that....

hmmm.webp

I finally managed to get my $40 to work. :whistle:
Thanks lph for all the help.

Have a question. What happens to the comments if I toggle between the forum and WP comment with the following setting.

Thread Creation System Replace the Wordpress comment system with the XenForo one (all comments will show up on both the blog and forum if set below). Will only apply to posts made after this addon was installed, only has any effect if the Thread Creation System is turned on.

This works with the latest version of both wordpress and xenforo correct?

I have a test installation of WordPress 3.6 beta 2 and XF 1.1.4 working fine.

I'm sorry, I don't know about the store.

Is there a way to post an excerpt from the wordpress article into the thread instead of just the link to it? I don't want to post the entire article into the forum thread.

It should. Do I have to replace the entire code in both the places, get data and create?

Yes, two places. It's been awhile since I looked at that code and there appears to be an issue to get it to appear like the resource. The resource uses a template. This may be the way to go....

I have problems logging in and logging out.

If I log out from xenforo, it still does not log me out in wordpress... I have wordpress in a directory. I am not sure how to solve this issue! :s

Top Bottom