• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenQuotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, a nice addition to those whom wish to share their general ideas. I had random quotes installed before, but this gives me a proper sidebar option, much appreciated. Only thing I would like to know, how would I go about moving this from one area of the sidebar to the next? Such as above the Staff Online?

Very nice, a nice addition to those whom wish to share their general ideas. I had random quotes installed before, but this gives me a proper sidebar option, much appreciated. Only thing I would like to know, how would I go about moving this from one area of the sidebar to the next? Such as above the Staff Online?

You can't move the default one yet, you'd have to use the [bd] Widget Framework widget or XenPorta module. I'll make the default sidebar block more configurable in a future release

Thank you for the response, I will continue using until that release as well. Works incredibly well and people have already taken advantage of it on my forum :D

Also, is there a way to change it from saying Random Quotation?

SheepCow, please also include an option to edit quotes, currently I don't see edit option.
And as i tried using all bbcodes disabled in ACP but bbcodes still works. After submitting quote i see [b ]text text text[/ b]

SheepCow, please also include an option to edit quotes, currently I don't see edit option.
And as i tried using all bbcodes disabled in ACP but bbcodes still works. After submitting quote i see [b ]text text text[/ b]

Editing isn't there yet, the BB codes will still be allowed, they just won't get translated to HTML.

Thank you for the response, I will continue using until that release as well. Works incredibly well and people have already taken advantage of it on my forum :D

Also, is there a way to change it from saying Random Quotation?

If you're using the built in one no, if you're using the widget framework you can override the title :)

Editing isn't there yet, the BB codes will still be allowed, they just won't get translated to HTML.
ok, After submitting the quote post it is displaying exactly like this:

[ b]Quote text with visible bbcode code[/ b]

Thanks, hope you'll fix it in next update.

Can you replace the contents of your library/XenQuotation/BbCode/Formatter/Restricted.php with the one in the repository (or click here for the raw source). I've made a change that I think fixes what you're asking for ...

That one should render out the tags, e.g. "[b ]text[/b ]" will look like "text" if the bold BB code is enabled and "text" if you disable it.

It'll get rolled in to the next release when I do one

Can you replace the contents of your library/XenQuotation/BbCode/Formatter/Restricted.php with the one in the repository (or click here for the raw source). I've made a change that I think fixes what you're asking for ...

That one should render out the tags, e.g. "[b ]text[/b ]" will look like "text" if the bold BB code is enabled and "text" if you disable it.

It'll get rolled in to the next release when I do one
Thanks mate, it works fine with new Restricted.php file.

Another thing related to the BB Codes, I noticed that I must have to allow at least one BB Code in the ACP to disable all other BB Codes. If I uncheck all BB Code in ACP then it allows all BB codes to display visible Codes in the Quotes.

Hey SheepCow, is it possible to add quotation title when view a single quote? it would be better for SEO. Currently it shows "Quotation" on quotation list and every quote view page. I see all quotes indexed in google with same title "Quotation".

Hey SheepCow, is it possible to add quotation title when view a single quote? it would be better for SEO. Currently it shows "Quotation" on quotation list and every quote view page. I see all quotes indexed in google with same title "Quotation".

Sure I'll add it to the list

Interesting. I like the idea. I would probably only like to see the quotations in a sidebar box, sorted random or latest, etc.

Version 0.2.0 has just been released. Important changes are:
  • Can edit quotations!
  • Title of single quote view page now includes a snippet of the quote
  • Tidy up of some of the code to match the way of the XenForo
  • BB code that is disallowed is totally removed (i.e. [ b] would be removed, rather than just left unconverted to HTML)
  • Random quotation function wasn't very good, it has been improved
  • "Save as Quotation" added to each post (optional)
  • More options for the built in random quotation module

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom