Xenporta help needed!

TheWaterBukkit

Alright whoever is reading this. I just got Xenporta to make an actual homepage cause the normal homepage that were to come with xenforo itself with no addons or mods would redirect you to the forums. Anyways that was off topic. Now here is the situation.

I want to make it look like the homepage of http://www.bukkit.org/ but I can't seem to find out how. I set it up right but i don't know how or were to post the blogs and stuff.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 50
alright. After i set it up im getting this error:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ?) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = 'v' at line 11 in /home/l33trazo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/l33trazo/public_html/index.php at line 13
Please help if possible!

EDIT:* I reinstalled xenforo and am reinstalling the addons ! I'll configure everything again :D thanks for the help. i found the answer

What is it with this trend of not asking for support in the release thread.. :rolleyes:

..smh

also it seems to always be for the xenportal mod??

To be fair Brandon, jaxel doesn't respond or help anyone that experiences any issues with his add-ons so i am assuming this is why the OP has resorted to posting in the the support areas. Just giving you a headsup for the reasons why you see xenporta related support queries posted.

Cause Jaxel doesn't really support his addons especially if you don't donate.

I don't support mine either. *shrugs

That's pretty much true. I messaged him a year ago, finding i gave up asking on the forums.- (FAQ)
It's just harder for users with issues to deal with the fact that they can't get responces from the addon creator for help.
It be awesome if addon creators had 24/7 support. Douting that will ever happen, but it was just a sugestion that could never happen :P

That's pretty much true. I messaged him a year ago, finding i gave up asking on the forums.- (FAQ)
It's just harder for users with issues to deal with the fact that they can't get responces from the addon creator for help.
It be awesome if addon creators had 24/7 support. Douting that will ever happen, but it was just a sugestion that could never happen :p
Nah it's not our jobs. I have a job, go to school, my own sites to maintain and other hobbies. He's pretty busy so I understand his situation.

Most of our modifications are free, when we don't even get appreciation for that then why should we support the resource?

It be awesome if addon creators had 24/7 support. Douting that will ever happen, but it was just a sugestion that could never happen :p

I noticed you got it fixed or found the issue, glad you got it sorted.

I have no problem answering support questions if I'm able and know the answer/problem to any issue. I've helped out quite a few people who had styling issues with xenporta and see no reason why I shouldn't personally help if I'm able. And i know many others don't have a problem helping support people who have issues with 3rd party add-ons so it's all good posting in this area, nothing wrong with doing so.

I remember I did the same thing waterbukkit did and Brogan complained.

lol

Well he ain't here so the trend will increase.

The only thing that sucks is that if you get an answer, most people don't post it in the resource thread.

I noticed you got it fixed or found the issue, glad you got it sorted.

I have no problem answering support questions if I'm able and know the answer/problem to any issue. I've helped out quite a few people who had styling issues with xenporta and see no reason why I shouldn't personally help if I'm able. And i know many others don't have a problem helping support people who have issues with 3rd party add-ons so it's all good posting in this area, nothing wrong with doing so.

Yup ;) fixed it :D thank you guys. If i do have any questions can i rely on you? lol jks. Ill update this if something goes wrong

Top Bottom