XenoForo and WordPress

DaiAku

Hi Everyone,

Looked over the forums and learned a great deal about Xenforo and like what I see. Being really new to all this could use some high level thoughts about integration with WordPress. This would be a new site starting from scratch - so migrations of any kind.

Thanks in advance.

There are a couple XF-WP bridges. I've used the paid one a couple times: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenscripts-wordpress-to-xenforo-bridge.604/. Managed to get a shared database between XF, WP, and MediaWiki, which was pretty cool. Haven't really used it on a live site, though, since we have dozens of WP installations, which the addon doesn't support. Once you bridge, the other trick will be customizing either your portal or forums to make the integration look seamless.

Regardless, WP remains one of the best CMS on the market. Lots of people making plugins, constant security updates, all for free is nice.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check this out. By a quick read it seems that user accounts are created through xenforo and then sent wp - so all control is on that end correct?

Thanks Doc! Ok so if there is desire to integrate facebook, youtube, twitter, into the site as well, we would have Xenforo as the master source for information decimation?

I am guessing there are integration packages for facebook and the other as well.

There are a couple XF-WP bridges. I've used the paid one a couple times: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenscripts-wordpress-to-xenforo-bridge.604/. Managed to get a shared database between XF, WP, and MediaWiki, which was pretty cool. Haven't really used it on a live site, though, since we have dozens of WP installations, which the addon doesn't support. Once you bridge, the other trick will be customizing either your portal or forums to make the integration look seamless.

Regardless, WP remains one of the best CMS on the market. Lots of people making plugins, constant security updates, all for free is nice.

Is there a trial that we can use so that we can decide if we want it or not?

choosehottubsdirect

Xenscripts has been informed that they need to update their bridge software. Until then don't update to the latest WP version as indeed it will break the comments.

We had to revert back to WP 3.5 and all is working fine again :)

Top Bottom