Resource icon

XenMoods 1.1.3

No permission to download
Change Log

Version 1.1.3 (28 Jan 2012)
  • Fix member card positioning (blocked by user status).
  • Fix sidebar tooltip positioning in Chrome.
  • Update readme.
Version 1.1.2 (27 Jan 2012)
  • Move all template edits into hooks.
  • Some code improvements.
Version 1.1.1 (22 Dec 2010)
  • Fix install bug if styles directory doesn't exist.
  • Fix "Undefined offset" error on mood changes.
  • Fix mood chooser hanging if not in overlay.
Version 1.1.0 (14 Dec 2010)
  • Change moods with AJAX, fancy animations included.
  • Publish mood changes into the news feed.
  • Revise profile placement.
  • Fix profile position margin issue.
  • Fix tooltip alignment issue in certain situations.
  • Various code improvements.
Version 1.0.4 (10 Dec 2010)
  • XenForo 1.0.0 Beta 4 compatibility.
  • Consolidate style properties.
  • "Add New Mood" button added at bottom of moods list.
  • Move thread view edits into template hooks.
  • Updated other template edits.
Version 1.0.3 (16 Oct 2010)
  • Alphabetically sorted mood chooser.
  • User profile mood positioning fix (redo member_view template edit).
  • Fix mood chooser for differing mood image heights.
Version 1.0.2 (15 Oct 2010)
  • Centering of mood images in avatar holder.
  • Add "No Mood" image (as default).
Version 1.0.1 (10 Oct 2010)
  • Add Shelley's moods.
  • Scrolling Mood Chooser to manage overflow.
Version 1.0.0 (9 Oct 2010)
  • Initial release.

I currently do not have any mood images - you must supply them yourself for the time being. I am working on sourcing some to distribute with XenMoods.

Matey, ask Shelley, she made some ;)
I think she posted them somewhere. Or a preview it was she posted.

I was wondering when somebody would make a mod like this! I think I might until the mod comes bundled with images before using, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your progress. :)

You can use the following for now but I have another guy (sniper) who's also developing a mood script (author of the mood vb script as well). The mood icons here are the old ones. I'm still designing the new v2 moods.

Another thing. because these ones are old and quite a few moods are animated they come in .gif format (v2 will be png). Nothing I can do about that sorry.

vmood_preview.png
vmood_addon1_preview.png

Attachments

I've seemed to have ran into a bit of a snag...
Code:
Server Error
call_user_func(XenMoods_Install::install) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 159
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in .../admin.php at line 13

[Edit]
Tried to edit the templates first and see if that would change things and got this message:
The following error occurred:
The following templates contained errors and were not saved: sidebar_visitor_panel: 1) Line 17: Invalid condition expression

[Edit2]

If you upload into the wrong directory, you'll get the first error xD
Somehow I managed to upload the addon files into the main directory instead of my subdirectory for this forum.

Tried to edit the templates first and see if that would change things and got this message:
The following error occurred:
The following templates contained errors and were not saved: sidebar_visitor_panel: 1) Line 17: Invalid condition expression
Yep, you'll get that if you do the install out-of-order. XenForo checks if certain things exist before allowing you to save. The style properties for XenMoods do not exist yet if you haven't installed it, and so you get that error.

Dunno know if this is possible, but is there a way to make that overlay scrollable?
If you install all the smilies here (99 of them, and it's time consuming!), you can only see like the first 25 or so. You can, of course, doubleclick on it and it will take you to the page but for those that are new, they might not know that.

Version 1.0.1 released! Get it while its hot!
  • Add Shelley's moods.
  • Scrolling Mood Chooser to manage overflow.

Dunno know if this is possible, but is there a way to make that overlay scrollable?
If you install all the smilies here (99 of them, and it's time consuming!), you can only see like the first 25 or so. You can, of course, doubleclick on it and it will take you to the page but for those that are new, they might not know that.
I actually found this out after adding in Shelley's moods as well. It didn't come up during development because I didn't have many moods.

As a side note, if you've installed Shelley's moods, it's probably better if you uninstall before installing again. This is because the update installs them by default and thus, you'll have duplicates.

May I ask. The animated moods that consist in this pack I designed, do they retain the animation or does the xenforo system pull the first frame and enforces a static image?

On that note. I like the placement in the postbit (Under the avatar) I was aware you were going down this route dismounted so props for this.

May I ask. The animated moods that consist in this pack I designed, do they retain the animation or does the xenforo system pull the first frame and enforces a static image?
Full animation. The system uses the images verbatim and does not do any post-processing on them (nor should it have to). The only exception is inside the Admin CP manager for moods - as the moods themselves are displayed as a "background" element, the browser only pulls the first frame, not my doing :).
On that note. I like the placement in the postbit (Under the avatar) I was aware you were going down this route dismounted so props for this.
Yeah, I tried it out during development and it looked nice (better than anywhere else I put it) so I kept it. I actually pulled out one of the previews of your new moods you posted to test with at the time ("Caffine Fix", if you wanted to know :P), and it looks much better with those: the current "popout" icons make the gap look (visually) too big between the avatar and the mood itself.

Full animation. The system uses the images verbatim and does not do any post-processing on them (nor should it have to). The only exception is inside the Admin CP manager for moods - as the moods themselves are displayed as a "background" element, the browser only pulls the first frame, not my doing :).

Yeah, I tried it out during development and it looked nice (better than anywhere else I put it) so I kept it. I actually pulled out one of the previews of your new moods you posted to test with at the time ("Caffine Fix", if you wanted to know :p), and it looks much better with those: the current "popout" icons make the gap look (visually) too big between the avatar and the mood itself.

Good to know dismounted. again, great job. FYI, wait for the moods v2, they'll look even nicer. Again, great job. :)

I actually found this out after adding in Shelley's moods as well. It didn't come up during development because I didn't have many moods.

As a side note, if you've installed Shelley's moods, it's probably better if you uninstall before installing again. This is because the update installs them by default and thus, you'll have duplicates.

Awesome work! You guys (Shelley and yourself) do excellent work, and we really appreciate it!

I'm gonna wait for a mod that requires fewer edits. With Xenforo still in early beta and upgrades likely breaking some of the edits, I'm just in no mood to keep re-editing templates and files. This is a good start, I just want something I upload, install, and turn on.

I'm gonna wait for a mod that requires fewer edits. With Xenforo still in early beta and upgrades likely breaking some of the edits, I'm just in no mood to keep re-editing templates and files. This is a good start, I just want something I upload, install, and turn on.
Many addons require you to make template edits regardless of what stage the forum is in. Currently, though, it works just fine with the latest Beta, although I can understand your reason to wait. I've went through many beta forums (and some gold ones too) that after a slight upgrade, I had to go back in and change how the addon is setup (few times, they completely redid how the scripting worked and I had to find where the new stuff was and adapt the script to the change).

Hrm...

Code:
Error

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

This occurred when I tried to uninstall the latest version, after upgrading from the original version.

Top Bottom