Resource icon

XenMoods 1.1.3

No permission to download
I looked at that, however it seems to need a update to reflect the current version. ;)

Appears so.

I've tried this on local and it works.

Firstly, you need to disable the template hook. Edit /library/XenMoods/Listener/TemplateHook.php, find

Code:
case 'message_user_info_avatar':

Replace with:

Code:
//case 'message_user_info_avatar':

Now log into your admincp in message_user_info template

find

Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true"><em class="userTitle" itemprop="title"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</xen:contentcheck></em></xen:if>

and add the following below it or anywhere to suit your preference:

Code:
<xen:if is="@threadShowMood">
    <xen:include template="mood_display" />
</xen:if>

And finally because the mood may not be aligned and centered add the following into your EXTRA.css template the padding will vary depending where you place it adjust the padding accordingly.

Code:
.messageUserBlock .userMood img {
padding-left: 5px !important;
}

Can someone tell me what does the addon-Xenmoods.xml do

My First install fail, I find out that xenmoods created some database on mysql, Do you mind posting what it does, So I can clean it and reinstall again
  1. Created table xf_moods in mysql
  2. Added some permissions in xf_permissions mysql
  3. Added moods in xf_styleproperties_group
  4. ??
Thanks

I tell you what would be nice if it can be done is that:
If Moods are shown to all, regardless of their usergroup, then if their "No Mood" is clicked, then a message overlay could open up with something like this (phrased naturally).
"Want Moods? Go Premium" < The text naturally links to account/upgrades ;)

That would save the question:
"Why doesn't this work when I click it?" type of deal. Arising from non-Premium members of course.
I guess lots of Admins push Moods as a Premium Upgrade, so this would I'd have thought by now been asked. Unless I've missed it. :D

My First install fail, I find out that xenmoods created some database on mysql, Do you mind posting what it does, So I can clean it and reinstall again
Code:
DROP TABLE xf_mood;
ALTER TABLE xf_user DROP mood_id;
DELETE FROM xf_content_type WHERE content_type = 'mood';
DELETE FROM xf_content_type_field WHERE content_type = 'mood';
DELETE FROM xf_news_feed WHERE content_type = 'mood';
All this can be seen in /Library/XenMoods/Uninstall/Data/MySql.php.

I tell you what would be nice if it can be done is that:
If Moods are shown to all, regardless of their usergroup, then if their "No Mood" is clicked, then a message overlay could open up with something like this (phrased naturally).
"Want Moods? Go Premium" < The text naturally links to account/upgrades ;)

That would save the question:
"Why doesn't this work when I click it?" type of deal. Arising from non-Premium members of course.
I guess lots of Admins push Moods as a Premium Upgrade, so this would I'd have thought by now been asked. Unless I've missed it. :D

I'm sure i mistook what you mean but moods are selectable even viewable per usergroup basis.

I'm sure i mistook what you mean
Yeah.
But I'm complicated most days chuck ;)

Our Members can see Moods. So that's "View Moods" only.
Our Premium Members can both see and use Moods. "View Moods" & "Have Moods".

A "No Mood" is displayed in a Member's Sidebar Visitor Panel but it's not clickable. So when the Member clicks it, nothing happens.
Better to have an overlay message so that, when this is clicked, a message is shown on how to get Moods.

I'm just thinking New Member UI here...
If user can View Moods and cannot Have Moods and clicks their (or any) Mood graphic, then an overlay is shown to say how to get 'em. :)

iswydt.webp

Yeah.
But I'm complicated most days chuck ;)

Our Members can see Moods. So that's "View Moods" only.
Our Premium Members can both see and use Moods. "View Moods" & "Have Moods".

A "No Mood" is displayed in a Member's Sidebar Visitor Panel but it's not clickable. So when the Member clicks it, nothing happens.
Better to have an overlay message so that, when this is clicked, a message is shown on how to get Moods.

I'm just thinking New Member UI here...
If user can View Moods and cannot Have Moods and clicks their (or any) Mood graphic, then an overlay is shown to say how to get 'em. :)

View attachment 28997

Ah I see. I thought I misunderstood what you meant. :)

I have installed this fantastic add-on (thanks, Dismounted) and the great mood icons by Shelley (thanks a million - they are really great).

The add-on works like a charm on my site, BUT I can't seem to find the mood editor in the CP, so until now I have had to change things the hard way directly in the database and run the add-on XML again. This works, but where do I find the editor in the CP? I am sure, this must be easier :)

The add-on works like a charm on my site, BUT I can't seem to find the mood editor in the CP, so until now I have had to change things the hard way directly in the database and run the add-on XML again. This works, but where do I find the editor in the CP? I am sure, this must be easier :)
It's in the left hand side navigation on the page you see when you initially log in to the Admin CP.

It's in the left hand side navigation on the page you see when you initially log in to the Admin CP.

I wish it was, but it's not. This is all I see in the initial left panel:
  • Options
    • Options
  • Notices
    • List Notices
  • BB Code & Smilies
    • BB Code Media Sites
    • Smilies
  • Add-ons
    • List Add-ons
    • Install Add-on

Thanks, trilogy33, you're the man! :-)

As I have set my own profile as administrator, I always just use that one to login rather than shifting around all the time, but that's obviously not always enough. Now it works - thanks again!

Code:
DROP TABLE xf_mood;
ALTER TABLE xf_user DROP mood_id;
DELETE FROM xf_content_type WHERE content_type = 'mood';
DELETE FROM xf_content_type_field WHERE content_type = 'mood';
DELETE FROM xf_news_feed WHERE content_type = 'mood';
All this can be seen in /Library/XenMoods/Uninstall/Data/MySql.php.

Here's what happened when I tried to install with the xenmoods folder in the wrong folder:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'xf_mood' already exists...

After reading much of this thread, I can't figure out how to remove this database so I can attempt to re-install.

Thanks.

Hi, awesome plugin, but could you guide me on how to include a preference so that users have an option of whether they want to see moods or not. This is different from what was there in the guide, here the user can choose if he wants to see the moods of others or not.

Thank you.

can someone edit all the xenmoods so that on a dark theme, it will not have white outlines? that would be great :)

Hi, awesome plugin, but could you guide me on how to include a preference so that users have an option of whether they want to see moods or not. This is different from what was there in the guide, here the user can choose if he wants to see the moods of others or not.

Thank you.
Anyone?

Top Bottom