Resource icon

XenMoods 1.1.3

No permission to download
I get an error when trying to install this.
Drop the column called mood_id in xf_user. That error shouldn't appear unless there was an incomplete installation, but the solution is aforementioned.
That would require developer support as he would need to code in a phrase to be used for each mood.
The appropriate css styling would also be required.

I suspect that would be quite a lot of extra work though so Dismounted will probably hate me for even suggesting it :D
Then we hit the issue of losing the nice typefaces provided by Shelley. I don't mind coding the functionality in though - half of it is there, each mood is given a name already.

Drop the column called mood_id in xf_user. That error shouldn't appear unless there was an incomplete installation, but the solution is aforementioned.

Then we hit the issue of losing the nice typefaces provided by Shelley. I don't mind coding the functionality in though - half of it is there, each mood is given a name already.

Out of curiosity. Would this be an alternative option? Or a replacement to eradicate the mood images? I hope it's not the latter.

Out of curiosity. Would this be an alternative option? Or a replacement to eradicate the mood images? I hope it's not the latter.
To be honest, I don't think it'd work well. Either way, it would be a checkbox or similar for each specific mood activating the option.

Thanks, I wasn't sure which table that field was in and didn't bother to check the install script, being lazy :D

The reason why it was originally created is because I uploaded the styles folder to my actual styles folder and not the default, which caused the install to fail.

I don't have a default styles folder so do I have to create one just for this?

error1.webp

Regarding the phrase system for moods, it was just something I was throwing out there as an idea.
I agree it probably wouldn't work well due to the different text sizes used for short and long mood titles.

I don't have a default styles folder so do I have to create one just for this?
If you want the script to auto-install the moods, yes - as it is the location XenMoods expects some moods to be in. But that error is something I should probably go and fix (check if the directory exists first).

Can I then move the mood folder to my actual styles folder once the add-on has been installed?
Presumably I would also need to update the paths for every mood icon or is there a master relative path so I only need to update it in one place?
I'm guessing here as I haven't actually got it installed yet.

Hello! Great work on this add-on! I installed it on my forum, but when I try to change to change my mood I get the error below. If I change the mood_id manually in the database to something other than 0, then try to change it normally, it lets me change my mood without an error. I am running beta 5 by the way. Could that be the problem? Thanks.

Code:
Undefined offset: 0

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenMoods/XFCP/DataWriter/User.php at line 59
   2. XenMoods_XFCP_DataWriter_User->_publishIfMoodChanged() in XenMoods/XFCP/DataWriter/User.php at line 37
   3. XenMoods_XFCP_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1295
   4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenMoods/ControllerPublic/Mood.php at line 50
   5. XenMoods_ControllerPublic_Mood->actionMoodChooser() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
   6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
   7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xen/public_html/forum/index.php at line 15

Update: I was able to fix the problem by changing the mood_id of no mood to zero.

if one were inclined they could upload the pngs and the font to the server and allow gd to output the buttons using phrase text.
of course that could present a problem with 23 letter german translations and the like.

if one were inclined they could upload the pngs and the font to the server and allow gd to output the buttons using phrase text.
of course that could present a problem with 23 letter german translations and the like.

Yeah. The point I was making a few posts back. It could pose more problems than it actually cures. I'll be designing the moods anyway as planned. And as time permits, people are more than free to e-mail me with the translated list of their preferred language after I made the first initial release which will be in english.

In no particular order, the languages that will be done first on my part will be German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian (there's alot of turkish users) we can throw that in too. The good thing about this pack (which I've stated numerous times is that each bulk of moods 60 per psd will be sliced and come in png so I won't be spending time (like i did with the moods v1) loading each psd up and making the alteration whether it's a language change or a matte change due to the v1 being .gif. I can allocate time opening 1 psd up spending 10 minutes translating them and then finally submitting them.

Yeah. The point I was making a few posts back. It could pose more problems than it actually cures. I'll be designing the moods anyway as planned. And as time permits, people are more than free to e-mail me with the translated list of their preferred language after I made the first initial release which will be in english.

In no particular order, the languages that will be done first on my part will be German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian (there's alot of turkish users) we can throw that in too. The good thing about this pack (which I've stated numerous times is that each bulk of moods 60 per psd will be sliced and come in png so I won't be spending time (like i did with the moods v1) loading each psd up and making the alteration whether it's a language change or a matte change due to the v1 being .gif. I can allocate time opening 1 psd up spending 10 minutes translating them and then finally submitting them.

Shelley, make us a list for the mood names. I'll happy to translate it into Turkish in the order you will give.

I recently typed up a list. You can view that list in this thread. Bare in mind, this list isn't all the moods that'll be included, they'll be more.

hello and thank you for this update
But I have a problem when I click to change of mood it does not refresh and come back on the mood of starting a solution?

Hello! Great work on this add-on! I installed it on my forum, but when I try to change to change my mood I get the error below. If I change the mood_id manually in the database to something other than 0, then try to change it normally, it lets me change my mood without an error. I am running beta 5 by the way. Could that be the problem? Thanks.

Code:
Undefined offset: 0

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenMoods/XFCP/DataWriter/User.php at line 59
   2. XenMoods_XFCP_DataWriter_User->_publishIfMoodChanged() in XenMoods/XFCP/DataWriter/User.php at line 37
   3. XenMoods_XFCP_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1295
   4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenMoods/ControllerPublic/Mood.php at line 50
   5. XenMoods_ControllerPublic_Mood->actionMoodChooser() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
   6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
   7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xen/public_html/forum/index.php at line 15

Update: I was able to fix the problem by changing the mood_id of no mood to zero.

I have the same problem with a new installation of this addon. The change of the mood_id to zero did not fixed it for me.

Can I then move the mood folder to my actual styles folder once the add-on has been installed?
Presumably I would also need to update the paths for every mood icon or is there a master relative path so I only need to update it in one place?
I'm guessing here as I haven't actually got it installed yet.
I've made this easy for you (in fact, I didn't have to do anything, it's already there). :p To change the default path that XenMoods looks in to search for moods on installation, go into /library/XenMoods/Install.php. Find:
PHP:
protected $moodImageDir = 'styles/default/xenmoods/';
Read the comment above it and change it as you need. Then install XenMoods from scratch. Done! :)

Sorry for the late reply, by the way. I've been busy.

Upgraded from Version 1.1.0 to Version 1.1.1 without any issues.
smile.png

This is my second time trying it but now on beta 5, still no luck... no errors or anything just the moods arent showing up in any areas. I did everything correctly.

Top Bottom