Resource icon

XenMoods 1.1.3

No permission to download
  • Are you browsing with the style that you modified?
  • Did you check your usergroup permissions? (Somehow XenForo defaults these to off, even though I set them to default to on.)
  • Did you check your style properties?

I've installed xenmoods correctly but the moods are not showing?

First, log into your AdminCP and goto >> User >> Usergroups and select the usergroups you want to allow to view, use and/or both. Normally you've correctly set everything just forgotten to allow the proper permission per usergroup.

Scroll down to the bottom upon selecting the usergroup and set accordingly (Screenshot Below)

xenmood_usergroup_permissio.webp

A quick way of telling that you've set the moods correctly is by venturing into the AdminCP and under Options you see Moods which you can click and if they are listing correctly and showing it'll be permission based issues (revert to above).

xenmood_listings.webp

If still, they are not showing, check that you made the appropriate template edits. (Thread View) uses the hook system so you won't need to worry about this.

You may also want to check whilst in the AdminCP goto Appearance >> Style Properties scroll down and click on Moods ensuring that the boxes are all checked or at least, the areas you want the moods showing in so adjust accordingly. (Screenshot Below)

style_properties_moods.webp

Just a few tips for others that experience the same issues. Normally, and I've did this myself, I forgot to set the usergroup permissions and left wondering "I did everything correctly".

I've installed xenmoods correctly but the moods are not showing?

First, log into your AdminCP and goto >> User >> Usergroups and select the usergroups you want to allow to view, use and/or both. Normally you've correctly set everything just forgotten to allow the proper permission per usergroup.

Scroll down to the bottom upon selecting the usergroup and set accordingly (screenshot below)

View attachment 8367

A quick way of telling that you've set the moods correctly is by venturing into the AdminCP and under Options you see Moods which you can click and if they are listing correctly and showing it'll be permission based issues (revert to above).

View attachment 8368

If still, they are not showing, check that you made the appropriate template edits. (Post view) uses the hook system so you won't need to worry about this.

Just a few tips for others that experience the same issues. Normally, and I've did this myself, I forgot to set the usergroup permissions and left wondering "I did everything correctly".
  • Are you browsing with the style that you modified?
  • Did you check your usergroup permissions? (Somehow XenForo defaults these to off, even though I set them to default to on.)
  • Did you check your style properties?
Yea I didnt do that, will do it now and see if it works. Thanks guys.

Wow thanks shelley for the detailed pics, and dismounted for the great mod. Dismounted you should put this in the instructions as other people might have the same issue.

Wow thanks shelley for the detailed pics, and dismounted for the great mod. Dismounted you should put this in the instructions as other people might have the same issue.

Your welcome.

On that note. @Dismounted - I've posted the xenmood guide in a new thread. It might be worth linking to it with a link in your first post? So that the guide I previously posted doesn't get buried amongst other replies and helps people with similar issues.

On a related subject. How do you feel about more work on a new feature? I'll work up a mockup first and pc you it. *watches dismounted run in the distance*. I think I figured out the idea for the frontend but the backend I haven't thought thoroughly through. I'll contact you soon (if that is okay), and show you some mockups.

Done. Thanks for making the guide, by the way. Much appreciated. :)

Challenges are always fun. :) Looking forward to that PC.

You're welcome. If there's anything that you feel needs adding in that guide let me know and i'll add it in. :)

Great stuff. It may well fall flat on it's face, though I think mocking it up is worth a shot and see where we can go from there. Thanks again Dismounted not only for the continued support and updates but the consistently brilliant updates you make with each and every version of this wonderful add-on. :thumbsup:

I'm adding the full Turkish translation of the moods that Shelly had attached to a post for translation. There are a few moods that really don't have a meaning in Turkish, so they are marked as "-"

Edit - 3

Attachments

I quickly checked your list laztrix and there are a few which you could possibly add.
Arsey for example could be gicik?
Familiar - tanidik
Hurting - canim aciyor

Probably a few more too, that was just a quick look.

I quickly checked your list laztrix and there are a few which you could possibly add.
Arsey for example could be gicik?
Familiar - tanidik
Hurting - canim aciyor

Probably a few more too, that was just a quick look.

Thanks for the suggestions Brogan. I added Arsey and Hurting. I can't really think "Familiar" as a mood or state of feeling in Turkish. I looked up in some Turkish dictionaries of some and can't thing of one suiting well enough.

I'm adding the full Turkish translation of the moods that Shelly had attached to a post for translation. There are a few moods that really don't have a meaning in Turkish, so they are marked as "-"

Edit

I'll update that list (english soon) there's been a few more moods designed since I threw up that previous listing.

If you could let me know laztrix when you've translated all (the ones you've had trouble with ) I can allocate that listing to the side ready for implementation on the moods. Looks like the turkish language will be the first translation made.

ps. And thanks for taking the time out in making the translations.

I'll update that list (english soon) there's been a few more moods designed since I threw up that previous listing.

If you could let me know laztrix when you've translated all (the ones you've had trouble with ) I can allocate that listing to the side ready for implementation on the moods. Looks like the turkish language will be the first translation made.

ps. And thanks for taking the time out in making the translations.

Appearantly I was looking in the wrong dictionary for some moods :) The urban dictionary helped my with most of them (exept with some strong ones which has no equal in turkish : Arsewit, Banhappy, Cold turkey, Rugmunching, Sex Snack)

I updated the post I've attached the text file. If there are other ones to translate I'm in "Translation Mood" :D

Geciktirmek de olabilir.
Geciktirmek is a Ver(bal) (Fiilimsi) alone it doesn't cover the meaning. Idioms like "Ağırdan Almak" or "Ayak Sürümek" (Ayak Sürüyor) means "Taking it Slow, No Rush, Delay, postpone" and has also the sub meaning of Procrastinating, procrastinate. :)

BTW laztrix, the Turkish special characters aren't displaying correctly in Notepad++.
I'm not sure if it's your source data so it's just to let you know so Shelley doesn't end up putting the wrong characters on the images.

Top Bottom