[Xenmods] Attachments [Paid] [Deleted]

You'd have to ask Bob. I'm not familiar with his add on or phrases. As for the searching by file type you can do that when making a post by typing .pdf in the text box. I'll carry that feature to the listing page.

You'd have to ask Bob. I'm not familiar with his add on or phrases. As for the searching by file type you can do that when making a post by typing .pdf in the text box. I'll carry that feature to the listing page.

Thats great that you can search by filetypes in the editor (awesome is more like it) but you should really also be able to search for them in the attachments page too. It would be cool. Think about it... As it is now, I have to go to the editor to search for files. Please put the search field and a filetypes dropdown in the attachments page? Pretty please?

Found another wierd thing. When searching for filetypes other than images (gpx and kml files) the results display like this...

Image 1.gif

Also, I have been thinking about installing resource manger as a file depository, not for selling anything. Would be cool if this had some options, one of them being to read resource manger. Just a thought.

Think about it... As it is now, I have to go to the editor to search for files. Please put the search field and a filetypes dropdown in the attachments page? Pretty please?
I already said I would do that....
.....I'll carry that feature to the listing page.

Found another wierd thing. When searching for filetypes other than images (gpx and kml files) the results display like this...

CSS issue, I'll work on fixing it.

Also, I have been thinking about installing resource manger as a file depository, not for selling anything. Would be cool if this had some options, one of them being to read resource manger. Just a thought.

Just like with showcase, it will automatically include any other content types (resource manager in this case)

No, he did suggest that but I don't have any permissions applied to it right now. I'll probably add that setting and the lighbox pop up tomorrow.

Hey Daniel, no rush just curious if you managed to add those features you mentioned?

I fixed the css issue. I'm working on getting the lightbox working properly and also adding the search box to main list page.

You just want one permission setting added correct? "Can use recycled attachments" "Yes" "No" ? Not sure what else that permission setting would be called.

You just want one permission setting added correct? "Can use recycled attachments" "Yes" "No" ? Not sure what else that permission setting would be called.

I basically want to be able to offer this only to a certain usergroup(our premium members), so a simple yes/no on the plugin would be perfect.

Hi Daniel,

This AddOn allows reuse of attachments such as ZIP or RAR.

Also I like to ask if you plan to add more features, for example set the file size allowed to upload depending on the user group and nodes, who download the attachments, ...

This AddOn allows reuse of attachments such as ZIP or RAR.

I'm not really sure if this is a question or a statement. This add on will display any file type in the list when you search but non-images don't really have a way to attach them into a post.

Also I like to ask if you plan to add more features, for example set the file size allowed to upload depending on the user group and nodes, who download the attachments, ...

Isn't max file size a default XenForo feature?
I may consider logging who downloads/views attachments, I just feel like it may be a resource hog.

This addon is awesome guys you have no idea. It lets your members have access to your attachments without worrying about them only using it to go back to delete their attachments since it doesn't give the original link or post it was posted in.

This addon is awesome guys you have no idea. It lets your members have access to your attachments without worrying about them only using it to go back to delete their attachments since it doesn't give the original link or post it was posted in.

This thing is so close to being perfect right out of the box it's not even funny. I'm guessing that this next update pretty much hits it. I'm still stoked that I finally have this feature. This along with the bookmarks addon pretty much gives your users total ability to find anything they posted in the past.

Top Bottom