[Xenmods] Attachments [Paid] [Deleted]

Didn't realize there's a 'Your Attachments' page. Finding attachments for Better Blog Entries and XenGallery post types doesn't work. Did you add that there on purpose?

What do you mean it doesn't work? You should be able to filter it by content type. Yes I made that page on purpose.

the page i mean but im talking about the type cause when i searched for attachments in my blog entries nothing came up. i know ive uploaded lots of attachments in blogs before.

Alright, probably a bug. I have to package the changes I've made recently anyways so I'll hopefully get that fixed by tomorrow and release it.

Is there a way to make a former attachment appear as a attachment to a new post?

Meaning this..

I made a new post and used an old attachment. The new post doesnt show it as an attachment just an inline image. Is there a way to make it appear as another attachment?

Is there a way to make a former attachment appear as a attachment to a new post?

Meaning this..

I made a new post and used an old attachment. The new post doesnt show it as an attachment just an inline image. Is there a way to make it appear as another attachment?
I thought about doing that and the only solution I came up with was to basically re upload it programmatically. It wouldn't be an issue but it would duplicate rows in the database and store the file on your server twice. Plus if you uploaded "untitled.png" when you attached it to another post, the third time you search untitled.png it'd show two files that are the same.

I'm still considering other possibilities.

I thought about doing that and the only solution I came up with was to basically re upload it programmatically. It wouldn't be an issue but it would duplicate rows in the database and store the file on your server twice. Plus if you uploaded "untitled.png" when you attached it to another post, the third time you search untitled.png it'd show two files that are the same.

I'm still considering other possibilities.

why couldnt it keep recycling the same attachment number/name?

Sorry for a dumb question..

why couldnt it keep recycling the same attachment number/name?

Sorry for a dumb question..
It's not a dumb question.
Because in the attachments table, it stores what content-type/content-id the attachment belongs to. We may be talking about different things though.

@Daniel Hood And you thought you were just gonna repackage the ACP attachment browser and sell it back to us easy as pie HA! No just kidding. Anyway I just want to confirm for anyone that wishes to use this great addon along with [BD] Attachment store/Amazon S3 + Cloudfront... Everything works without a hiccup. Now where's the update Daniel?

@Daniel Hood And you thought you were just gonna repackage the ACP attachment browser and sell it back to us easy as pie HA! No just kidding.
It's a lot more than that ;)
Anyway I just want to confirm for anyone that wishes to use this great addon along with [BD] Attachment store/Amazon S3 + Cloudfront... Everything works without a hiccup. Now where's the update Daniel?
Still working on it; I have the css issue fixed on non-image attachments, working on making it permission based, and fixing Dre's issue with other content types.

What about the lightbox? Now will we be able to scroll down the list of images in the lightbox like the usual behavior or is it just one image loading ?

Any idea when we can expect the update? Hate to be a nag but I'm really close to launching this site and I would love to have attachment working first. As of right now I would have to disable it in the interim.

Would it be possible to show how much disc space a user's attachments take?

So if a member has uploaded 15 megs of attachments, they would see that amount in the highlighted sections of the screen shots.
upload_2014-4-7_22-10-34.webp
upload_2014-4-7_22-11-11.webp

Yeah that'd be easy to do but does the average end user really care about that? Seems like more of an admin thing in my opinion.

Yeah that'd be easy to do but does the average end user really care about that? Seems like more of an admin thing in my opinion.

Perhaps but its easy and it's just a little bit of text. Not clutter at all. I wouldnt mind knowing how much disk space my files take up.

Top Bottom